Thanks for not profiling !!

My Use Case for the Kemper was different (which I think is the biggest point I'm trying to make) - it does one thing very well. It clones an amp I have in front of me.

I surfed lots of commercial profiles and found some awesome stuff.
But what I really wanted it for, was capturing some amps I own, so that I don't have to lug them around any more.
I wasn't looking for a new tone, I already had it....I just wanted to capture it. My rig also doesn't exist in the Fractal (at least out of the box, I'm sure tweaking advanced parameters can nail it...but it's a lot of tweaking).

Example - my Marshall JMP-1 and 9200 power amp is my perfect tone. In 1 minute I capture it with the Kemper (or QC) - done.
In the Fractal, I have been trying to nail the tone, let's say overall tweak time is at least 3-4 hrs at this point.
So for the Use Case of capturing an amp in front of me - Kemper was easier.

I got fed up (or maybe just wised up) and took my Kemper, fed it into the Axe III, and Tone Matched. Now my Axe sounds like my Marshall rig.
Very inefficient (using a Kemper to capture, just to feed it into the Axe), but it worked.

The past week I have been tweaking the advanced parameters on the Axe III (JMP OD-1 amp) trying to get it to sound like my Tone Match. It's convenient because I can just keep flipping presets between my capture of the Kemper/JMP1 vs. the Axe JMP amp. I'm getting really close....but it's taken me a lot of time.

Again, why I wouldn't be upset if Fractal had profiling.
(I've also debated buying the X-Load from Fractal, because it would allow me to Tone Match any amp I have in front of me)
Hey bro, would you mind sharing your preset that you have tone matched for the JMP1 with the Marshall 9200 power amp ? Would love to give it a go as I'd been struggling to perfect my tone that I use for my Iron Maiden tribute band.

My Use Case for the Kemper was different (which I think is the biggest point I'm trying to make) - it does one thing very well. It clones an amp I have in front of me.

I surfed lots of commercial profiles and found some awesome stuff.
But what I really wanted it for, was capturing some amps I own, so that I don't have to lug them around any more.
I wasn't looking for a new tone, I already had it....I just wanted to capture it. My rig also doesn't exist in the Fractal (at least out of the box, I'm sure tweaking advanced parameters can nail it...but it's a lot of tweaking).

Example - my Marshall JMP-1 and 9200 power amp is my perfect tone. In 1 minute I capture it with the Kemper (or QC) - done.
In the Fractal, I have been trying to nail the tone, let's say overall tweak time is at least 3-4 hrs at this point.
So for the Use Case of capturing an amp in front of me - Kemper was easier.

I got fed up (or maybe just wised up) and took my Kemper, fed it into the Axe III, and Tone Matched. Now my Axe sounds like my Marshall rig.
Very inefficient (using a Kemper to capture, just to feed it into the Axe), but it worked.

The past week I have been tweaking the advanced parameters on the Axe III (JMP OD-1 amp) trying to get it to sound like my Tone Match. It's convenient because I can just keep flipping presets between my capture of the Kemper/JMP1 vs. the Axe JMP amp. I'm getting really close....but it's taken me a lot of time.

Again, why I wouldn't be upset if Fractal had profiling.
(I've also debated buying the X-Load from Fractal, because it would allow me to Tone Match any amp I have in front of me)
Hey bro, would you mind sharing your preset that you have tone matched for the JMP1 and Marshall 9200 power amp ? Would love to give it a go as I'd been struggling to fine tune the patch I put together for my Iron Maiden tribute band 😊
This is what I use currently. Feel free to try and let me know what you think!

Attachments

• 001_MAIDEN ARABIA.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
Hey bro, would you mind sharing your preset that you have tone matched for the JMP1 with the Marshall 9200 power amp ? Would love to give it a go as I'd been struggling to perfect my tone that I use for my Iron Maiden tribute band.

Hey bro, would you mind sharing your preset that you have tone matched for the JMP1 and Marshall 9200 power amp ? Would love to give it a go as I'd been struggling to fine tune the patch I put together for my Iron Maiden tribute band 😊
This is what I use currently. Feel free to try and let me know what you think!
Sure, what device are you using? (Axe 2? 3?)

Hey guys seen this and found interesting ...

Around mom 7 that guy captures a pedal, in theory is setting up your settings, the device does its magic and... sounds totally different!! I stopped watching around min 8 where the guy is still cutting and playing around controls and still sounds a conplitely different pedal...

With my fractal devices with the drives (example) nicely set by Cliff and his team I just have to play around the knobs as in the real pedal and I find the tone way easier, simpler and getting closer.

In the past someone was asking if it’s time for fractal to profile - I think this shows ain’t any need of profiling whilst we have the amazing development of FAS

Thanks

This already happened before and Fractal came out saying they might have their own type of profiling and then comments near went 180

Some amps/pedals don't capture well ....this isn't anything new. Pedals with mixes like bass distortions etc etc.

Just use what makes you happy

A profile is a "capture" of a tone which was made with a certain guitar and pickups. No guitar=no sound, no tone. You have to play in order to audition your tone, and you design your tone and make decisions based on what you hear when you play (again, a certain guitar with certain pickups).

The captured tone will not translate to another guitar. But if you could tweak the actual amp, you'd get a "real" result. You can't, so you'll get another result. Good or bad it's up to you (for me bad at most cases), but definitely another result. So basically, it's not like having the actual amp. The more you tweak, the more unrealistic the result will be. You may like it, but that's another story.

lol I guess a few already corrected this.
Same could be said for presets, but the difference is FW updates extremely rarely (maybe 2-3 times so far in the life cycle) on the Kemper change the sound, hence no updated profile packs each FW....

Back
Top Bottom