Thanks Cliff

sandmannn69

Experienced
Like to take this opportunity to thank Cliff for creating the Axe-fx and congratulate him on his new product. Since I bought my Standard 11 months ago and paid it off selling my amp heads, cabs and effects units, not a day has passed where I haven't been amazed at the capabilities of this product. It took a little while to figure out the operation and functions (hey I am a guitar player), but it really is worth the effort. I guess the most telling consequence of owning this beast is my complete lack of interest in the latest amps and effects during my frequent trips to the local guitar stores. Before Axe-fx, I was a obsessive gearhound and tonefreak, even spending many hours building clones of boutique effects pedals and tube amps. Kind of weird how one device can just shut all that off like a switch.

Regarding the new Axe II, I am surprised at the seemingly large number of current owners selling their original Axe so quickly. It could be a bit of a wait before they get the new one, especially for folks who play out with the Axe. What'll you use in the meantime? Can't imagine being without it, even for a few days...
I'll probably end up with a II at some point, but probably use the trial period to compare to the Standard before letting it go. Hard to imagine how it can get any better.

Once again, for the great product and tremendous support, THANKS CLIFF!

(And please don't stop posting due to a few narrow-minded individuals)

Last edited:
Same here. Love the Ultra, GREATLY appreciate Cliff responding to questions on this forum. I'm frankly tired of the whining, lack of appreciation, and sickening sense of entitlement that pops up. I have gotten so many free firmware updates the 15 months I have owned the Ultra it is mind boggling. And I realize every one of them took significant resources to produce and distribute to current owners at NO COST! As a business owner myself, I appreciate what Fractal has done and what they are trying to do and they've won me as a long term customer.

Cheers

I think that there has to be some supreme satisfaction on an individuals behalf knowing that it came down to them creating something that could potentially out do their own work.

I also want to thank Chrysler for making my car, Nespresso for making my espresso machine, Walt Disney for making Donald Duck and the parents of my girlfriend for making my girlfriend.

+8

Many thanks Cliff. The Axe products represent one of the most (if not the most) guitar-related innovations around. I remember thinking this about the Rockman when it came out in the early 80s (my girlfriend then now my wife of 25 years scraped up $200 to buy me one at the time!). There is an interesting parallel. Like the Rockman, the Axe reminds us all of the power of a single innovator in a world where technology advances are exponential and increasingly software-driven. Big differences now in a world where the internet makes it possible to create a community around the user base. The capabilities of the Axe are absolutely amazing -- look forward to seeing and hearing the Axe II!

+8

Many thanks Cliff. The Axe products represent one of the most (if not the most) guitar-related innovations around. I remember thinking this about the Rockman when it came out in the early 80s (my girlfriend then now my wife of 25 years scraped up $200 to buy me one at the time!). There is an interesting parallel. Like the Rockman, the Axe reminds us all of the power of a single innovator in a world where technology advances are exponential and increasingly software-driven. Big differences now in a world where the internet makes it possible to create a community around the user base. The capabilities of the Axe are absolutely amazing -- look forward to seeing and hearing the Axe II!

Can't you count?!!!!

+8

+1 on the Rockman, favorite practice tool back in the 80s. Sure miss that decade.

Thanks! I know you get paid for your work but you also go way beyond the norm with your support and you probably don't even realize it... I hope you sell a million units of the new one.

Of all the great things you put into the AxeFxII it's the idea that you will be there improving on it that has me sold on the upgrade because frankly the 11.0 firmware has my Ultra sounding so sweet I haven't bothered to fire up the MarkV at all since I installed it....I was thinking I'd just stick with the Ultra but then I started thinking about all the firmware updates you'll probably have for the AxeFxII with all it's inherent potential and there is no way I want to miss out on that!

Back
Top Bottom