Thanks a million!

Starfighter

Experienced
I just wanna give a big thank you to the entire Fractal Audio team and the dedicated forumists who offer so much info, help and assistance to the community. Having the boss himself as an active member of the forum is immensly valuable, and adds greatly to the value of the product itself. I think the price is justified in what the Axe FX II-unit offers as a guitar preamp and fx processor alone. But when I bought it, I wasn't much aware of the added value of this forum and the frequent, free-of-charge firmware updates. When I hear "firmware update", I am thinking fault correction and minor performance-related adjustments. With Fractal, every firmware update is a small, nicely wrapped gift to us customers. I mean, just look at v12 - the Carr Rambler, Dimension D - and now the Divided by 13 just to mention a couple of highlights. And the list goes on.

And the boss is here, keeping his finger on the pulse - giving advice here and there, and picking up what people want and suggestions for changes and improvements. And sometimes those suggestions find their way into the next firmware update. Ain't that amazing? To me that is a sure sign of true genius - to be able to recognize great ideas from others no matter who they are or where they come from, and give life to those ideas to the benefit of everyone.

Sure, Axe-Edit could have gotten out sooner. Axe-Manage too. But so what? We are all part of a development in the the cutting edge of digital guitar-signal processing technology - and Fractal delivers goodness at an amazing rate. Personally, I prefer that the company chiefly focus on firmware updates like they seem to do. If development of support software has to suffer, so be it. It'll get there too.

My Axe FX II has become time-stealer numero uno in my life, and has multiplied my interest and motivation for playing manyfold. The amazing company and community around it only strengthens that.

Elsewhere on the forum, the man himself just announced: "Metallica has been so pleased with the results of their zero stage volume tests that they want to order 20 Axe-Fx IIs to replace the amps in their touring rigs."

Say no more :)

I've read the manual a couple of times but still struggle with some of the things in it for whatever reason. Everyone has been very helpful to answer all of my questions,

Cheers!

I can't agree more!!!!!!!!!! I have the same feelings for the company and the people of the forum,I'm lucky to be part of the fractal community :D

Back
Top Bottom