Thank you Leon Todd!

CSW

Your videos are both educational AND entertaining. I always find cool tips to enhance my AX8, even when I'm not looking for them.

Your recent topic about getting a great MESA Rectifier tone is case in point. I'm not even a fan of that amp, but in the vid you pointed out that turning up the master volume doesn't always result in better tone. (As a Marshall guy, I pretty much always turn them up just to watch the tubes melt.)

I decided to try turning down the master with all of the the other amp models I use, and found that in just about EVERY case the amp sounded way better and much punchier with less master volume.

I know that this isn't a new idea, Yek mentions it all through the the Amp Guide and the good folks here at Fractal talk about it too. Hammerheads like me just need constant reminding sometimes...

Thank you again!!!
Chris

They guy not only knows his stuff, he can play and (most importantly) he presents his information quickly and to the point. There is no guessing or trying to figure something out while the camera is rolling in his videos. Most other videos I find myself skipping around to try and find where the "good parts" are at. I wrote a comment on one of his videos that "this is my new crack!"

All I can say is thanks for the love guys, I really mean it. The community here is fantastic and I've learnt so much from so many here.

Honestly most of my videos are just how I interpret Cliff's tech notes and Yek's amp guide and wiki, and I figured the FAS gear inspires me to play so much I may as well turn the camera on while I do it.

in the era of YouTube Leon you have become a true inspiration. You tube has been a source for hearing your old influences or a guitar teacher. For me this is no different if you can have a teacher unlock a new technology so I don't have to spend hours doing it myself. Practice is important but nailing tones fin my world of playing is where I get my biggest enjoyment of playing.

Back
Top Bottom