Thank you, Fractal!

mngolf

Inspired
Winter is coming, so I am looking forward to recording more. For the last 18 months, I have been using my Axe FX III and Garage Band to record songs. I am up to 72 songs recorded to date. Before I started this process, I didn't take the time to learn songs from start to finish. I just noodled on the same old licks over and over. Ask my family.
🙂
I am just a hobbyist, but this has been such a fun 18 months. I am 54, have played since I was 13, and this has totally changed guitar playing for me.

https://www.youtube.com/user/cgarrity/videos

BEST. PURCHASE. EVER.

1638288426141.png

Last edited:
So far, so good. I don't think I am sophisticated enough to know what I am missing. Maybe I should look into it. :)
For a Mac user Logic Pro is an easy transition from GarageBand, and at $199 it's a bargain. Another benefit is that you can freely share it between family members at no additional cost if you have friends or family you want to collaborate with.

One advantage for me is that Logic Pro supports multiple time signatures in a song (Two that come to mind are White Room and War Pigs). I play with backing tracks, so it also allows stringing multiple songs together with different time signatures and the associated click track!

Great review and.... cough second what @Bruce Sokolovic said. Used Cubase for 25 years..... Studio One is another level of fun. They have loads of sales too so wait it out if you do.
Maybe I need to give S1 another go around. I used Pro Tools for over a decade (and still would if Avid weren't such a dogs#!t company), and am now back on Cubase, which I used before PT. I never gelled with S1, was too frustrating trying to do basic shit. But that was back in the v1/v2 days. Maybe with v5 things have gotten better?

Nice job on the covers. Enjoying them. Some good songs that I am not familiar with.

Could you tell me a little about your process? Are you starting with the original recording and duplicating the guitar parts while playing them back and recording them into GB? In other words duplicating the original guitar parts note for note?

Back
Top Bottom