Thank you, Fractal!

mngolf

Inspired
It has been over a year since I have bought by Axe FX III. I was full of doubt when I placed the order. I am a roots rock/ alt country/ Americana guy at heart and just wasn’t sure if the Axe FX III was right for players like me. I was never a rack guy. I liked single channel amps and pedals. Even with the best rig I could put together, I just couldn’t cover all of the bases I wanted. I needed something with more flexibility. Although though I wasn’t sure, I had heard enough where I thought maybe Fractal could be the answer.

Holy cow! What a fun year it’s been! I have played more guitar this year than any since I started playing 40 years ago. I am 100% satisfied with my purchase. I look forward to every moment I get to play.

Cliff - thank you!! You are a mad genius. Thank for the countless hours of joy and discovery I have had in my first year with the Axe FX III!

I love this. I used to be hard on myself for spending $$ on gear when I knew what I really needed was more practice. The Axe-FX is the first major gear purchase though that has really increased my drive to pick up the guitar all the time, and as such has made me a better player in the ~year that I've had it.

Because it sounds so good through headphones there's rarely an excuse to not pick the guitar up - doesn't matter if others in the house are napping or on a zoom call. Definitely can't say that about tube amps.

Holy cow! What a fun year it’s been! I have played more guitar this year than any since I started playing 40 years ago. I am 100% satisfied with my purchase. I look forward to every moment I get to play.

This is so true for me too - Since I switched to Fractal (first with the AX8 and now the III Mark 2) - I have played more guitar and written and recorded songs that I don't think would have happened had I not made the jump. Love it.

I hear ya. I've had mine for about 6 months, mainly buying it for the effects. For the last year-and-a-half, prior to getting the AxeFx3, I had been re-dedicating myself to practice, LOTS, mostly unplugged. But I know your technique can benefit from hearing your playing through a distorted amp, since that tends to highlight many things (which strings you're not muting, e.g.) But plugging into an amp to practice isn't always practical for others in the house.

But now, using headphones, having kick-ass reverbs/chorus/etc., along with many great-sounding amp models, not to mention the metronome right in my ears, I'm playing the way I want to, when I want to, and seeing even more benefits to my chops. And loving every minute.

And for me, in that respect, any piece of gear that not only inspires you to play more, but also acts as a tool to help you improve, is a no-brainer purchase. Especially when that gear is obviously state of the art, at the top of the heap, and very possibly the last gear of its type I may ever need.

Last edited:
Ironically I was sold on Fractal by a bunch of guys who originally joined up over their common interest in Boogies! We got together in a church hall one fine summer weekend in Enumclaw, WA, and half of 'em showed up with either the original Axe-FX or the ultra, and QSC monitors! I held out for a little while, but just couldn't keep my curiosity at bay. Right about the time I made up my mind to order, I got wind of the new Axe-FX II that was supposed to be released (wait for it...) soon(TM). I got on the wait list for the II and I think I lost a few hours when I first plugged it in and wandered through the now-measly (hah!) 384 presets. I've been a happy camper ever since, and even more so since I picked up the III and FC-12.

I love this. I used to be hard on myself for spending $$ on gear when I knew what I really needed was more practice. The Axe-FX is the first major gear purchase though that has really increased my drive to pick up the guitar all the time, and as such has made me a better player in the ~year that I've had it.

It’s absolutely true that the Axe-FX makes any time you spend playing all the more rewarding; it just sounds so damn good.

Back
Top Bottom