Thank you Fractal for the Leggy Legacy model! Its great.

FPFL

Experienced
I don't know in amp geek terms how / why it differs from other British, gainy amps, for all I know it could just be one of the amps we already have with some of the deeper parameters set differently and renamed, but whatever is different about it is very nice.
Its got the right mix of sag and bite for me. Ahhh. Feels so good.

I made a new preset, just the Leggy and a 4x12 G12 RW cab with a little verb and delay and its a beautifully organic amp. I knocked the bass down a tiny bit and the treble up a dab. The feel as much as the sound is different from the other presets.

Try it! It will really reward the subtleties of your style and yet sings when you ask it to.

Great work.

You said it, this model is worth the price of admission alone!:)

Lucky for us, Cliff nailed it, and so did Mr. Vai, of course!

BTW, try it with a V30 cab, you'll love it.

You said it, this model is worth the price of admission alone!:)

Lucky for us, Cliff nailed it, and so did Mr. Vai, of course!

BTW, try it with a V30 cab, you'll love it.

I agree about the V30. A great dual tracked sound is the Leg with GBs on one side and V30s on the other.

This was my one and only request for the Axe II. It's killing me that I still have a little while to wait for my coupon. Anyone post an audio clip yet?

Wonder if FAS is trying to prompt Mr Vai to spend a few minutes in the pre-amp section of the AxeFxll -privately of course so as not to upset the Carvin folks.

The tone controls are really powerful in this model, just like on a real Legacy. I sold mine not long after getting my Ultra, so I can't A-B anything, but it really seems like Cliff did a good job on this one. I'm really digging this update. Wish I didn't have to wait til tomorrow to turn things up a bit and see what it sounds like without having to worry about neighbors trying to sleep.

Yes, the tone controls are awesomely powerful. The mid knob is so effective. Try setting the tonestack to PRE. Dude it sounds so creamy and clear and oh so good!!!

This is the first Amp addition that I am Super psyched about. I also had a legacy I and a II. Loved the amp but got tired of pedal dancing as they required a few pedals to make em sound really killer. Cliff THANK You for listening and taking the time to make a great new addition to our amp arsenal!!!

I've never even really been interested in the Legacy because I just think of Carvin as being more about guitars and bass amps. I don't know how to describe it, but its a really cool addition to the arsenal we have. I just really didn't expect it to be so easy to dial in yet have such a unique sound. Its really thick, but not muddy yet still sounds full...I don't know. It sings without being shrill.

Now I know why everyone was begging for it. :)

And it does sound best with the V30's in my opinion.

I've never even really been interested in the Legacy because I just think of Carvin as being more about guitars and bass amps.
that's not entirely true. Carvin has made some great sounding amps and preamps. a lot of the old Zappa stuff was all done with Carvins for example...

that's not entirely true. Carvin has made some great sounding amps and preamps. a lot of the old Zappa stuff was all done with Carvins for example...
I was just saying that I wasn't really aware of their amps being very popular. I'm pleasantly surprised. Even though I just spent another 5 hours playing with the bassman sim. I just can't get off that damn thing. :)

Yup.

And I have said this before in another post. I have read all kinds of posts on other forums where people dog Carvin products. To this day I have never touched a Carvin guitar or Carvin amp that did not kick ass.

I even owned an MTS 3200 a while back that I regretted selling

Help, please. I just installed the 5.04b update and I do not see any "Cali leggy" Amp listed? I read it was included in the 5.02 update and I missed that one. Shouldn't it also be included in the 5.04? One more question, does the 5.04 update automatically update the factory Banks since I saw they also had an update for those?

Found it on the hardware.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom