Thank you for the bass amps!

Poparad

Power User
I do a lot of gigging on bass, and although the SVT has been nice, I've really been wanting some more diversity. The new Orange one is very dark and will be great for any old-school, Motown-ish stuff I'll have to do. I recently played in the pit orchestra for a run of "Little Shop of Horrors," which is written to sound like 50's and 60's music, and I was struggling to get that dark, thuddy tone from the SVT model. The Orange would've been perfect for that. The Mesa and FAS models are a nice contrast, too. Looking forward to experimenting with those. The only amp-type I'm still wishing for would be a MarkBass type amp.

Last edited:
I was just about to post something about the bass amps too! It seems UltraRES is generating so much talk everybody is forgetting to check out the new bass amps. I know I didn't get around to it until this morning and I've spent about two hours with headphones on creating three new patches that absolutely blow away what I had with the SVT. I'm primarily a rock/metal guitarist, so my bass sounds are geared toward that. I set up each patch to have a clean sound and a somewhat dirty sound, then kick in different drives for varying the dirty sounds. They all sound great, but I probably spent more time just noodling with my FAS overdriven bass tone than any of the others this morning. It just has this girth and punch that comes through even with a drive kicking in. Very nice work FAS! I can tell where this weekend will go, and it won't be spent doing my homework for the classes I'm taking. 8)

I play both bass and guitar, but gig more on bass. While I don't have an Axe (yet!) to check out the new bass amps I'm very glad to know they are waiting for me!

I recorded a quick demo last night and pulled out my bass which I haven't used in years. The strings are literally 15+ years old! Hooked it up to the Axe, dialed it with the USA 400 and an SVT cab and it sounds flipping great!

Indeed, gonna give them a whirl later today. I just posted on Talkbass and Greenboy forums. I think this may send some bottom dwellers this way! Thanks Cliff!

The bass amps are amazing, thanks FAS!
I just uploaded some Orage Bass cab tonematches in the presets section.
It includes matches for a 1x15, a 4x10 and an 8x10 Orange bass cab.
Hope someone gets use out of those too for extra flavour!

I REALLY like the FAS Bass, with it and a compressor it uber simple to carve out a tone. I just need to get a real bass player over here.

Cheers! Loving the orange in particular. So deep! A tip if you need more cut with it: turn down drive, turn up master. Works great!

The USA 300 1 with the 4*10SV bass subkick is godly. Haven't even touched the controls yet and I could ZZtop all day long already.

I love the citrus bass amp also. I would put up markbass as a great next suggestion but I'm just happy to see the bass action including the new ultrares ir caps.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom