Thank you Cliff Thread!

axefx 2 is the product i've been waiting for since I got into gear. I'm a card carrying Fractal Audio member. If I had a dollar for every time someone came up to me after a gig and asked me what amp i had and I told them "all of them ;)" I'd be rich. Thanks to everyone at Fractal you guys made an amazing product.

So much crap get said around here about how Cliff should do this and Cliff should do that, the fact of the matter is that he created the AxeFX and that's more than I could ever have asked for, Great thread!

So much crap get said around here about how Cliff should do this and Cliff should do that, the fact of the matter is that he created the AxeFX and that's more than I could ever have asked for, Great thread!

Agreed.

I think balance is something forums find hard to maintain...Cliff is the Devil one week and the Messiah the next.

I'm sure he appreciates all the sentiments..i'm even more sure he would like to just get on with his work, and there be a degree of equilibrium in the forum!!

:)

please send this brown nosing stink to the lounge, its nice and all but come on. I agree, we thanked him with 4000 dollars of pre-tax hard earnings.

Brown nosing stink? I've already got what I want... brown nosing only implies I'm after something else. We've got the most advanced piece of guitar technology in the world. How many people can say that? We are a rare few thanks to Cliff.

Thanks Cliff.... FOR FIRMWARE 3.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy freaking SH!T!

AND to the fractal team AND beta testers. You guys have truly made 3.0 a work of art.

The Axe is the best guitar related purchase I ever made. It kills my GAS for pedals and amps cos this awesome unit can do much more. Previously, no matter what amp or pedals I have, there's always a "live with it" situation cos thers always something that I don't like about them. Some I wish had better bass response, some I wish had more saturation etc. And that result in my constant search for that perfect pedal or amp. But with the Axe everything can be tweaked to what I want. Even the pedal modeling is spot on. Now I can add bass to the TS808 to my liking without settling for what the analog pedal comes with. It's expensive but looking at the rate of boutique pedals and tube amps are going for now and the amount of pedals most people have now, they can easily sell them off and afford 2 AxeFx. Not to mention that we live in a place where cranking a tube amp is almost impossible. Then theres the option of direct recording and reamping. It's really a no brainer why the Axe is so in demand especially for city dwellers.

Thank u Cliff... BTW, the new version 3.0 firmware is amazing!!

Yes,
Thank you Cliff for all your hard work.
We live in an amazing time, and your box and vision make it all that more amazing for guitarist's everywhere.

I also would like to say thank you. I am amazed by how great 3.0 sounds. The response to pick attack is a revelation. The clarity and purity of the amp tones, the high end chime and complexity, the string separation, the rich, deep resonant bass. Since upgrading to 3.0 every time I sit down to play I get a huge grin of disbelief. I can't believe how great it sounds.

I bought a Line 6 AxSys 212 in 1995. This was my gigging amp for 6 years. I got some good tones out of it, even great tones. But there was always something missing. I would talk myself into being satisfied because I liked the flexibility and variety of amps and effects. But I always felt like I was compromising. I no longer feel that way with the Axe II.

I have been gasing for an ultra for 3 years but didn't have the cash. I wasn't sure if selling my custom built Heatley Standard was the right choice because it was a beautiful guitar and I took a $1200 hit when I sold it. However, I can honestly say I don't have any regret. The Axe II has been everything I hoped it would be and MUCH MORE. And one of the best things about this whole business is the Axe II is not even 6 months old and only on firmware 3.0. I can't imagine what the future holds.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom