Thank you Chris@AxeFxTutorials

oh wow! hey guys, thanks for all the kind words.

i was pretty surprised when an FX8 showed up!
8fgWc7Yl.jpg

i actually used it at my gig last night, and it sounded great! it was an acoustic gig, so it was "post" style effects straight to the PA. it's interesting how it's very similar to, yet very different from an Axe-Fx.

just want to give a bit of history... i bought an Axe-Fx Ultra back in 2007! it was amazing and i spend 2 hours on the first preset - Studio Lead - thinking it'd only been 20 minutes. true story! i was late for a gig haha! i soon found the first forum, and started to help out a bit. i then made my first video - 2 guitars, 1 axe - and received a bunch of views, and then started helping even more on the forum. got an Axe-Fx II and started making more videos as Katsu Kuri Media. i'd say i've been seriously doing this for about 5 years now.

my current AFT site has been on "pause" for about a month now, due to some other responsibilities i have, but now with this, i'm definitely creating and updating the FX8 section haha! once i get a bit more familiar with the device, i'll make some videos about it, basics, some tips and tricks i've figured out, etc. it really does help me help people actually having the device :)

i also plan on live streaming again, and I'm going to give Twitch.tv a try for a bit. i applied to their Partner program, but since i haven't broadcast on there yet, they won't let me join yet. i've done live streaming on my own site for a while now, but i like Twitch's infrastructure and especially their mobile access. if you make an account, go to my profile and "Follow" my channel, you can have your mobile device notify you when i go live. video and chat work excellently on mobile (iOS anyway, that's all i have), so i think it can allow more people to access my streams. i'm trying to figure out the best way to live stream from my gigs as well!

http://www.twitch.tv/axefxtutorials/profile <-- if you have some time, make a twitch account (or easily connect with Facebook) and follow my channel :)

i still have a lot of plans for my AFT website and other ways to help people out with FAS gear. thanks for all the support from everyone so far!

of course, huge thanks to Cliff for all he does. it's his endless giving and tireless exploration which inspired me to do what i do here on the forum and my current and past sites. his work is not only giving us something to use right now, but also preserving the amp and effect world for the rest of time in a digital format. his methods go above and beyond what other companies do, and it just means history will be preserved that much better.

also a huge thanks to M@! i swear this guy works 24/7 tending this forum, now helping at a FB group page, answering official support questions, flying out to help artists and others in person, and probably a literal million other things that we all have no idea about!

it's the passion and dedication by the FAS staff that inspires "regular" people like me to help out as much as we can. i'd love to see this forum become a bit more "positive" to echo all the great work coming from FAS. ignore the trolls (it's really difficult!!!), kindly answer those same "dumb" questions or link to previous discussions, and focus on answering questions and uplifting your fellow FAS peeps. positivity leads the way, and i know we are all capable!

thanks again everyone. let's do this!!!

sctXPEJl.jpg

EDIT - maybe the first new video i'll make is to teach how to "ignore" someone on this forum :) trust me, try it.

Last edited:
Awesome! What a classy and generous act. FAS and its community are special, and I love all the great support we enjoy here (along with the goofball musician humor!). My AxeFX is the the best music gear purchase of my life, and I've been playing professionally for 30+ years. This group of users is easily the best forum that I've been part of. I'm playing a big show tonight with my Bowie tribute, and during this run of shows I've been re-working all of my patches to take advantage of the FW19 goodness. It just keeps on getting better! Hope you all have a great weekend, and I'll look forward to reading Chris' in-depth reviews / tutorials on his new toy!

I really love that you guys at fracatal understand the value of community members like Chris who help a lot of people on this forum and never ask for anything in return. Good job Guys and thanks for all you do Chris.

This is outstanding, and it's the right way to run a business. Kudos to both Chris and Fractal Audio.

Dave

This really made my day – no fooling. What a company, what a community. Congrats, Chris, and thanks for all your help.

Congrats Matt,
An act of pure generosity giving away this fx8 to Chris.
That kind of acknowledgment gives faith in humanity back, nevertheless.
And it really conforts my opinion about you guys at fas, the best company in the world.
A big thumbs up !

Sound a bit like [video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8MLiHp2LH48[/video]

Last edited:
Well deserved Chris!, I always check your page for reference about how to do stuff,or explanation of new features on firmware.

awesome FAS for such generosity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow what a good news story for the day
and a well deserved surprise for chris, one of the true selfless heros of the forum
Keep up the good work Chris

Back
Top Bottom