Thank you Anton Aristov, you made my day!

Dixiethedog

Experienced
I'd like to say a big thank you to @Anton Aristov for sharing with me (over on the AX8 preset section) his band's latest recording with a preset I had played around with to add to the group.
I had not heard Anton play before but in these difficult times, I've found his music to be uplifting! He has some great melodic harmony styled solos going on which have me wanting to plug my AX8 in and have a bit of a play!
His latest song. :)

Another new to me song with I'm guessing Anton playing on is this one in the link below. I'm a massive Dare fan (UK AOR Band) with Vinny Burns being one of my fave guitarists. I think Anton's solo sounds very much like a @vinnyburns solo. Well thought out, nicely played with some fantastic harmony runs and a tone to die for. Pure class. I now list Anton as one of my guitar heroes. :) Fractal rocks and rolls.

Wow back! @vinnyburns. Getting a thank you from one of my fave guitarists has brightened my day up no end!
I'm going to be slightly cheeky now :))) and ask (as a famous) Fractal user if you might have any great presets that you might be able to share, please?
I'm a newbie with all of this new technology stuff and I'm still struggling to get things to sound good.
My main reason for buying my (S/H) AX8 was almost entirely to see if I could create twin guitar harmonies all by myself. I'm kind of old school having grown up with the likes of Thin Lizzy etc.
I remember seeing DARE way back in time when you played at a small club (The Riverside club)in Newcastle (88,89?) and I was blown away by the band as a whole and your guitar playing in particular. The next day I tried to impress my neighbours with my versions of your solo's with my trusty old Les Paul, a Marshall 50 watt half-stack (ex-Tygers of Pantang amp) a WEM copycat and a Boss distortion pedal. I think all I got back was banging on the walls with shouts of "turn it down you stupid ****". :grinning:
It's funny how the years have moved on, the music gear has changed, I've moved house several times but the neighbours still continue to bang on walls and shout "Turn it down!!". :laughing:
I fully understand if you don't have time to spend time to reply to any of this, but please accept my thanks and appreciation for your great music that has inspired me over the years!
And @Anton Aristov I'm not going give up!! I'll continue to play around with my AX8 until one day I get the sounds you guy's have! If you have not already heard it Anton, have a listen to Dare's Out of the Silence album, you will love it!!

Wow back! @vinnyburns. Getting a thank you from one of my fave guitarists has brightened my day up no end!
I'm going to be slightly cheeky now :))) and ask (as a famous) Fractal user if you might have any great presets that you might be able to share, please?
I'm a newbie with all of this new technology stuff and I'm still struggling to get things to sound good.
My main reason for buying my (S/H) AX8 was almost entirely to see if I could create twin guitar harmonies all by myself. I'm kind of old school having grown up with the likes of Thin Lizzy etc.
I remember seeing DARE way back in time when you played at a small club (The Riverside club)in Newcastle (88,89?) and I was blown away by the band as a whole and your guitar playing in particular. The next day I tried to impress my neighbours with my versions of your solo's with my trusty old Les Paul, a Marshall 50 watt half-stack (ex-Tygers of Pantang amp) a WEM copycat and a Boss distortion pedal. I think all I got back was banging on the walls with shouts of "turn it down you stupid ****". :grinning:
It's funny how the years have moved on, the music gear has changed, I've moved house several times but the neighbours still continue to bang on walls and shout "Turn it down!!". :laughing:
I fully understand if you don't have time to spend time to reply to any of this, but please accept my thanks and appreciation for your great music that has inspired me over the years!
And @Anton Aristov I'm not going give up!! I'll continue to play around with my AX8 until one day I get the sounds you guy's have! If you have not already heard it Anton, have a listen to Dare's Out of the Silence album, you will love it!!

🤝🤟💪🏻

Thanks so much for the comments and the birthday wishes. It has been mine and both my sons birthdays this first week in April.
While I do still have an AX8 (my oldest son now has my other AX8), I have now moved over to using two Kemper Stage units live and a Kemper Toaster in the studio as I sold my AxeFX 2 XL too.
I probably still have an AX8 backup somewhere of the last live set I used it for Dare last year.

Thanks so much for the comments and the birthday wishes. It has been mine and both my sons birthdays this first week in April.
While I do still have an AX8 (my oldest son now has my other AX8), I have now moved over to using two Kemper Stage units live and a Kemper Toaster in the studio as I sold my AxeFX 2 XL too.
I probably still have an AX8 backup somewhere of the last live set I used it for Dare last year.

I had a kemper toaster and to be honest I like the ax8 better. what's wrong with ax8? why did you choose kemper?

Thank you for your reply, and many happy belated birthday wishes ( @vinnyburns )to you and you and your son, I hope in these funny old times you's both had great days.

Can I ask Vinny that even if you have moved over to Kemper could you help me along with some harmony idea's for settings, please?

I'm a massive fan of all of your playing but two standouts for me would be The Raindance and King of Spades (especially the remixed version with the added Black Rose ending), both absolute rock classic tracks in my opinion and both excellent songs with brilliant harmony guitar work.
If you could help me along with anything to get me on the right track to sound anything like those I'd be eternally grateful. :)

I don't have a Kemper but I do have a toaster (a 4 slice one), so I'm now going to play with the settings on that to see if I can make some toast in the style and essence of one of your solo's, tasty and something to look forward too! (My solos (with harmony settings) would be more like burnt toast that have had the kitchen fire alarm going off...)

Thank you very much once again, stay safe and rock on.

Brett

Thank you for your reply, and many happy belated birthday wishes ( @vinnyburns )to you and you and your son, I hope in these funny old times you's both had great days.

Can I ask Vinny that even if you have moved over to Kemper could you help me along with some harmony idea's for settings, please?

I'm a massive fan of all of your playing but two standouts for me would be The Raindance and King of Spades (especially the remixed version with the added Black Rose ending), both absolute rock classic tracks in my opinion and both excellent songs with brilliant harmony guitar work.
If you could help me along with anything to get me on the right track to sound anything like those I'd be eternally grateful. :)

I don't have a Kemper but I do have a toaster (a 4 slice one), so I'm now going to play with the settings on that to see if I can make some toast in the style and essence of one of your solo's, tasty and something to look forward too! (My solos (with harmony settings) would be more like burnt toast that have had the kitchen fire alarm going off...)

Thank you very much once again, stay safe and rock on.

Brett
Well, if I do have a backup, it will have Raindance and King Of Spades and all the sounds used live. Both those songs had the harmonies programmed but live, they are a tone down from the original 1988 OOTS release. On the 30 year anniversary release of the album, those songs are down a tone so that is the versions we played live. In fact, on that anniversary release of Out Of The Silence, I think only Into The Fire is in the original key. Most are down a tone or semi tone.
Excepting Abandon, I relearned to play them all in the new keys. Live, the AX8 took Abandon down a tone.

Thank you so much @vinnyburns for the reply.
It would be amazing to try out any of your sound presets. I suspect I could learn a lot from them as far as settings go which would help me a lot to get some great sounds from my AX8.
When I started out on guitar I would sit for hours trying to figure out all of the guitar parts from Lizzy's Live and Dangerous. At the time I just thought everybody played a tone down. Thinking back now, Live and Dangerous being played on an old record player at 16rpm (instead of the 33rpm) must have made anybody within earshot crazy! LOL Happy daze.... So I would be happy to take anything down a tone to get some nice sounds.
I appreciate any help or advice that you can share as I'm sure other will too (at your own time and at your own pace).
Many thanks
Stay safe and keep on rockin'
Brett

Thank you so much @vinnyburns for the reply.
It would be amazing to try out any of your sound presets. I suspect I could learn a lot from them as far as settings go which would help me a lot to get some great sounds from my AX8.
When I started out on guitar I would sit for hours trying to figure out all of the guitar parts from Lizzy's Live and Dangerous. At the time I just thought everybody played a tone down. Thinking back now, Live and Dangerous being played on an old record player at 16rpm (instead of the 33rpm) must have made anybody within earshot crazy! LOL Happy daze.... So I would be happy to take anything down a tone to get some nice sounds.
I appreciate any help or advice that you can share as I'm sure other will too (at your own time and at your own pace).
Many thanks
Stay safe and keep on rockin'
Brett
Thanks. Well, for live and being played within a song, the AX8 pitch shift is ok but there are artifacts that can be heard. Worked fine for live though.
Send me a PM and I will give you my email address. Will have a dig around and see if I can find the last AX8 backup. If not, I still have an AX8 here in a flight case that I could try and get another backup from.
One thing to keep in mind is that these presets are all FW 6.04. So, I have no idea how they will translate to a later FW.

Back
Top Bottom