Text ``Uses global blocks press enter to unlink``?

Dimebucker

Experienced
Hey

I was put my old FW13.07 back to my Axe FX II ,i was have before that FW15.02. And one of my harmonizer preset is dead silence ,and that preset have text Uses global blocks press enter to unlink. What that text mean and how i can get that preset work again ,i did not press nothing yet because im not sure what that will do. And i don't want loose or change my presets ,would be nice to know how i can ger rid off that message?

when you downgrade, the presets informations can be modified by the most recent fw. You have to restore a backup you hopefully did on 13.07

Hey

Yes I was do that restore backup ,and I was put all banks and system file again back whit this 13.07. What else there may be ,and how I can get that preset work again?

when you downgrade, the presets informations can be modified by the most recent fw. You have to restore a backup you hopefully did on 13.07

Hey

Still same problem here ,is there someone who can help whit this problem? how to get that preset work again ,and why is that message there whit that one preset only?

Hey

I have already restore that whole 13.07 backup banks and system ,what that preset enter to unlink mean and what that will do? That harmonizer preset use same sound what I use my main tone ,and I don't want any changes for my main tone.

The only solution is to restore your 13.07 backup, if you made one before jumping to 15.02

When you are in the editing tab of one of your effect blocks, you can press fx-bypass twice to enter the global blocks menu. This allows you to store and load your effects block in global block slots. These global blocks allow you to share an effects block across multiple presets - which basicly means that if you adjust any parameter of that effects block in one preset, it will also change in another.

Downgrading FW15 back to 13 might have changed certain memory adresses in the block definitions. Which means that now your preset might be totally different than what it was in FW13. You can give it a try, though.
The said message that appears on your recall screen does exactly what it says: pressing enter will unlink all global blocks used by that preset. If you never used global blocks, just press enter and save. It will be fine.

However, as I already said; changing back from FW15 to FW13 will most likely result in your entire preset getting fucked up.

Hey

Can you tell me what that exactly mean ,I don't know what those global blocks are I only know that global menu? And will that affect all global blocks ,if I need to do that ?

So in a simple way, let's say you configure a reverb block with some parameter you like... Let's say you want to use the same reverb block setting in many patches... U can copy settings to each block... This is painful. So axe makes it easy to save the block with its settings as a global block. You can then pull the block in any patch....

This is very useful for certain things that you may repeat across patches. You can easily do this in axe edit

Secondly if you used it in a patch, you can unlink it. That's the text

Hey

Thanks that was good information ,but very very shocking too if there have changes happened. But good news is my tones did sounds like they was in 13.07 ,when i did go back to 13.07 after trying that 15.02. I only thinking now will i press that enter ,because im fine whit all other presets. And i don't want any fighting again ,tweaking or thinking are my presets fine or not. I have always very big backbreaking moments ,to record and compare to tone different if i change firmwares.

When you are in the editing tab of one of your effect blocks, you can press fx-bypass twice to enter the global blocks menu. This allows you to store and load your effects block in global block slots. These global blocks allow you to share an effects block across multiple presets - which basicly means that if you adjust any parameter of that effects block in one preset, it will also change in another.

Downgrading FW15 back to 13 might have changed certain memory adresses in the block definitions. Which means that now your preset might be totally different than what it was in FW13. You can give it a try, though.
The said message that appears on your recall screen does exactly what it says: pressing enter will unlink all global blocks used by that preset. If you never used global blocks, just press enter and save. It will be fine.

However, as I already said; changing back from FW15 to FW13 will most likely result in your entire preset getting fucked up.

Hey

Okey thanks for reply ,yeah that sounds easy and good feature then. That my main preset what i use a lot ,i have copy that same preset 10 times. And all those 10 same presets have different effect blocks for harmonizers solos drop tunings and delays etc... I don't use scenes i only chance presets ,and all those preset have only different effect blocks. For solos rhythm harmony parts and so on.

So in a simple way, let's say you configure a reverb block with some parameter you like... Let's say you want to use the same reverb block setting in many patches... U can copy settings to each block... This is painful. So axe makes it easy to save the block with its settings as a global block. You can then pull the block in any patch....

This is very useful for certain things that you may repeat across patches. You can easily do this in axe edit

Secondly if you used it in a patch, you can unlink it. That's the text

Back
Top Bottom