Testing the new Motor Drive with Firmware 7.02beta and SLO100

That's off the hook, Tony! Tell us again, do you incorporate an actual guitar amp head for a middle channel or is all Axe Fx to an FRFR amp, to your cabs? Your tone is on fire!

That's off the hook, Tony! Tell us again, do you incorporate an actual guitar amp head for a middle channel or is all Axe Fx to an FRFR amp, to your cabs? Your tone is on fire!

Thank you very much Eric - well I have to tell you as Lenny Brooks already revealed my secret: it is the white chair where my Matrix Q12a is sitting on ;) but seriously its just the one Matrix Q12a no other amps or cabs nor FOH. I have actually 2 Q12a's but as I use second one mostly at home for bedroom playing Iam too lazy to cary the second one downstairs aswell as my guitar, Axe FX, Laptop, cable bag. It would sound even better with too - but only for bigger venue gigs.

Tony, Is that a bottle of 'Jameson' on the table?

No its a bottle of "Jever" beer from someone of the 2 bands who practice in this room - I'm only a subtenant to tweak my Axe FX loud and then I only trink water from the tap. ;)

Thank you very much Eric - well I have to tell you as Lenny Brooks already revealed my secret: it is the white chair where my Matrix Q12a is sitting on ;) but seriously its just the one Matrix Q12a no other amps or cabs nor FOH. I have actually 2 Q12a's but as I use second one mostly at home for bedroom playing Iam too lazy to cary the second one downstairs aswell as my guitar, Axe FX, Laptop, cable bag. It would sound even better with too - but only for bigger venue gigs.
Cool, Tony! I seriously love your tone, man! It's some of the best I've heard on the forum. You're about as good an endorsement for the Q12a active cab as anyone! I've heard really good things about the Q12a active cab. I splurged on a pair of Accugroove Lattes, but I think this Matrix GT800FX amp might be the weak link in the signal chain, I'm getting a thin sound, so I'm waiting for Fryette's LX II stereo amp to come out.

Thank you Eric, but I don't think it's your Matrix GT800FX amp. Those are the same or very simulare amps as in the Q12a. It's more the speakers and make of the cabinet I would think.

I see on your cab settings on your preset that you don't use a mic configuration in the cab settings, you run the cab nul, and I just think you get a great "Amp in the room" sound. How are you capturing your audio for your videos? Do you run straight out of the AxeFx into your audio interface or are you using a mic to record? I'd be interested in your mic setup, how far away you place the mic from your Q12a's.
Thank you Eric, but I don't think it's your Matrix GT800FX amp. Those are the same or very simulare amps as in the Q12a. It's more the speakers and make of the cabinet I would think.
These Accugroove Latte's are top-end passive cabinets and they are a three way system, I should be able to pull good sound out of them. One thing, as not blow my neighbors away, I don't often play above conversation-level volume. These are 12" main speakers, and they are basically new, hardly broken in :) I think I might be answering my own question haha!

Hi Eric, I record with my smartphone Samsung Note4 which does a wonderful job. I play loud as hell and it does not get distorted when i record. The smartphon is just about 2-3 meters away facing my Matrix q12 while being placed on a bar chair. so it catches the roomsound aswell I suppose. ;)

Yes Eric I can fully recommend you the Samsung Note4 - not every Samsung has this amazing recording device. My S2 did distort while the Note4 does the video in HD and records better than the i phone from my singer. A friend of mine made aware of this handy when he recorded some sessions when we played and that's the only reason why I got that Smartphone. By the way you can actually used it as a phone of course as well :D:cool:

Back
Top Bottom