Testament Electric Crown solo (mix) - "Marshall JMP-1" (v14.02)

kengtin

After a long hiatus, and given the fact I'm currently listening some Testament again, I wanted to share my rendition of their song Electric Crown's solo section, full mix.

I recorded all the rhythm and lead guitars with this classy (borrowed) 1979 Gibson Les Paul and the Axe Fx II (v14.02); the bass, drums and vocals come from the original track.

Hope you guys like it!

NOTE: I never meant to emulate neither the original nor any particular Testament guitar tone.

Signal chain:
Gibson Les Paul - Axe Fx II - Cubase 7.5

Gear details:
- 1979 Gibson Les Paul
- Axe Fx II, v.14.02, Marshall JMP-1 Preamp model
- Cubase 7.5 (Macbook Pro)
- TrakAxPC (Windows)

Last edited:
yyyes deees isss so niiiice, good funnn eh rock and rrrroolllll (said in my best Bruno (sascha baron cohen) accent.

LOVE Testament! My fave off that album is the solo on 'Return To Serenity'.... the perfect solo IMHO.

Good job!

Big Testament fan and love that song. I thought your playing and tone were spot on. Great job!

Thanks a lot for the kind words folks! Yeah, to try to nail Skolnick's phrasing is a big challenge...

BigD1977, I actually debated between this and Return To Serenity, I guess I'll have to record that one too ;)

well done.. One thing missing though.. you needed to capture you playing that harmonic riff just as the video ended :) .. always loved that part in this song..

i forgot that old testament release.. had it on cassette way back in the day and loved it but never bought it on CD. thanks to this video, it is now back in my collection again.

You should take a crack at Sins of Omission off of Practice What You Preach.. that solo is about a minute long and all over the place with crazy shredding, but Chuck's growl leading into it is awesome.

great playing and selection kengtin!

well done.. One thing missing though.. you needed to capture you playing that harmonic riff just as the video ended :) .. always loved that part in this song..

i forgot that old testament release.. had it on cassette way back in the day and loved it but never bought it on CD. thanks to this video, it is now back in my collection again.

You should take a crack at Sins of Omission off of Practice What You Preach.. that solo is about a minute long and all over the place with crazy shredding, but Chuck's growl leading into it is awesome.

great playing and selection kengtin!

Thanks, glad you liked it and kudos for putting this back in your library!

I did try to put that "harmonics" solo ending in the video but I guess I faded it out to fast to be appreciated.

Maaan, Sins Of Omission... there's a lot of amazing Skolnick solos out there, hard to pick one... next time it'll probably be that, Practice WYP, Return To Serenity or Eerie Inhabitants... or or or... :p

You nailed it dude.
\,,/,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk using the world's most ironically named cell phone company; sprint.

Who's 79 LP is that? That is in amazing condition for it's age.
I have '74 and it looks like sh*t compared to that.

Thanks again for the kind words folks...

For the curious, I'm just babysitting this jewel for a friend, he actually bought it like a year ago (he doesn't live in the US) and hasn't picked it up, I think it costed him around $3K !!! he's a vintage freak :p... I recorded this vid because he asked me to, I wouldn't mess around with someone else's $3K :D The pickups are stock I think, they have low output but nice response and texture... and to be honest, I don't know too much about the rest of the details (not really my cup of coffee). Yes it's in amazing condition and it's heavy as hell.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom