Test your hearing with...

Entasis

Inspired
... the synth block!
The frequency of Voice 1 and 2 of the synth block ranges from 40 to 4,000 Hz whereas the frequency of Voice 3 ranges from 20 to 20,000 Hz!
I can't hear the sine past 13.5 kHz.

@FractalAudio, should Voice 3 also be in the 40 to 4,000 Hz range? Also, the sawtooth and square wave don't sound right past 1 kHz--I'm hearing a second note, is this normal?

Also, the sawtooth and square wave don't sound right past 1 kHz--I'm hearing a second note, is this normal?
You put the wrong mushrooms on your pizza, Willis?
whatchatalkinabout.jpg

I don't know the right term... alasing? Sample rate mismatch? It's what I hear in my headphones, and it's in the wav. Only time it's not audible is when it's at 4 k at the end.

Last edited:
I don't know the right term... alasing? Sample rate mismatch? It's what I hear in my headphones, and it's in the wav. Only time it's not audible is when it's when it's at 4 k at the end.

I hear a bit of a sizzle on the wave at one point. I also hear it shift left at one frequency. Must be around the dip in one ear the audiologist found.... What is the next-to-last frequency?

Are you listening to it on headphones? The second note that I'm hearing is fairly faint.

I was just using the mouse scroll wheel to step through frequencies... next to last was somewhere around 3800 Hz.

Are you listening to it on headphones? The second note that I'm hearing is fairly faint.

I was just using the mouse scroll wheel to step through frequencies... next to last was somewhere around 3800 Hz.
Phone speakers, held vertically in front of me to eliminate any possible stereo left/right.

The apparent center started and ended preety much centered, but did a bit of an S curve in the middle notes, which means there is also a dip around the second pitch's frequency in the left ear, I guess.

Audiologist said my right ear minor dip was around 4k, so 3800 is about there....

I’d recommend avoiding reading too much into the results you get from a non-calibrated playback chain. Too many variables = too may opportunities for inaccurate results.
Dunno. The S curve center took between lowest and highest frequencies was and is repeatable, which, logically, indicates a response deficit on the side center moved away from, relative to the other side.

... indicates a response deficit on the side center moved away from, relative to the other side.
And now all you have to do is figure out where the deficit is actually coming from: headphone response anomaly, driver/voicecoil impingement, different ear-cup fit/alignment, various electronic/cabling issues — or maybe even your hearing.

Back
Top Bottom