Test with Stereo FRFR Speakers (ambient sound)

Marco these look interesting and the video sounds great.

Could you please provide more detail on the the focus of these and what makes them different from other systems?

Are they targeted at more amp in the room feel?
Better off axis response?
Lower volume?
Higher volume?

There are clearly quite a few systems in this price point and it is often quite challenging from the internet to figure out what would make one better than another as I investigate a solution

Hi, here you can find the specs

G66.eu - ELIS.8

these cabinets are FRFR made to give the best guitar feel response
In standard FRFR cabinet you have woofer and tweeter off axis
This means the midrange is an interpolation of two extreme speakers
Guitar sound is a midrange sound!
Elis 8 and MF10 use a coaxial drive speaker special designed.
the main sound are in the midrange and it is extended to the high and bass frequencies
You can use it for any digital modeler, acoustic guitar, keyboards etc. It is like a mini-PA system but the sound is more focused on the midrange to get the best feel for guitar player

Marco these look interesting and the video sounds great.

Could you please provide more detail on the the focus of these and what makes them different from other systems?

Are they targeted at more amp in the room feel?
Better off axis response?
Lower volume?
Higher volume?

There are clearly quite a few systems in this price point and it is often quite challenging from the internet to figure out what would make one better than another as I investigate a solution
I did a Review on them if you are interested:
Thread 'Red Sound Elis8 FRFR Review'
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/red-sound-elis8-frfr-review.170245/

Cool thanks. Thanks for the input. They sound like what I am looking for for my in home and jamming setup.

Add me to the list as another US customer who would try a set

Hi, here you can find the specs

G66.eu - ELIS.8

these cabinets are FRFR made to give the best guitar feel response
In standard FRFR cabinet you have woofer and tweeter off axis
This means the midrange is an interpolation of two extreme speakers
Guitar sound is a midrange sound!
Elis 8 and MF10 use a coaxial drive speaker special designed.
the main sound are in the midrange and it is extended to the high and bass frequencies
You can use it for any digital modeler, acoustic guitar, keyboards etc. It is like a mini-PA system but the sound is more focused on the midrange to get the best feel for guitar player

How pronounced is the midrange focus? Can you still play regular music and backing tracks through them and have it sound natural?

I wish these were around in the US when I was in the FRFR market. Sound great.

Nice to have real stereo spread; especially in smaller units that don't take up a ton of space.

Gorgeous.

Is it possible to use them as regular speakers and with axe fx at the same time playing the guitar and listening to a backing track in stereo. How could this be achieved with cable connections? Marco, could you please share your experience.
May be with pair of two active ones?

Last edited:
Is it possible to use them as regular speakers and with axe fx at the same time playing the guitar and listening to a backing track in stereo. How could this be achieved with cable connections? Marco, could you please share your experience.
May be with pair of two active ones?
Very simple: connect Elis8 or MF10 to the FM3 output.
You can use FM3 like audio interface and that's it
Everything is played via FM3 to Elis8 in the same way you connect a standard P.A. System, exactly like in my video. Nothing else.
You can run FM3 sound, Acoustic Guitar, voice, Backing Track, Bass, Keyboards

Very simple: connect Elis8 or MF10 to the FM3 output.
You can use FM3 like audio interface and that's it
Everything is played via FM3 to Elis8 in the same way you connect a standard P.A. System, exactly like in my video. Nothing else.
You can run FM3 sound, Acoustic Guitar, voice, Backing Track, Bass, Keyboards
Thanks a lot Marco, is there a way to make this working not using axe unit as audio interface, but instead connect second audio interface combined with axe unit through Elis.8. I ask this because there is a windows usb connection problem with some usb hub drivers and would want to avoid that? It would be good to connect directly.

Thanks a lot Marco, is there a way to make this working not using axe unit as audio interface, but instead connect second audio interface combined with axe unit through Elis.8. I ask this because there is a windows usb connection problem with some usb hub drivers and would want to avoid that? It would be good to connect directly.
yes of course, Elis8 and MF10 are monitors with standard inputs suitable for any audio device
You can connect your smartphone too :D

Marco saw you play these at namm. I would love to get a stateside option for these because they sound fantastic! Fantastic playing as usual!

@Marco Fanton: maybe a bit mundane question, but does Red Sound sell fitting covers or casing for the Ellis 8 for protection during transportation? Couldn’t find anything on the website. Or is some kind of protective cover included?
From what I read about the Ellis8 combi it seems a very promising upgrade option for my current Headrush 108 set (for which no suitable cover is available; only custom made which costs half the price of an 108).
Love your playing btw. Awesome.

@Marco Fanton: maybe a bit mundane question, but does Red Sound sell fitting covers or casing for the Ellis 8 for protection during transportation? Couldn’t find anything on the website. Or is some kind of protective cover included?
From what I read about the Ellis8 combi it seems a very promising upgrade option for my current Headrush 108 set (for which no suitable cover is available; only custom made which costs half the price of an 108).
Love your playing btw. Awesome.

I asked the same thing when I bought mine. Red Sound do sell a cover for them but they are fairly expensive. Sussi at G66 said they are looking into an alternative more affordable option.

Last edited:
If you're looking for a cover, check out Studio Slips. They will make a padded cover (with or without a pocket) that zippers around the speaker. You send them the dimensions. I have one for my CLR and it's excellent.

Back
Top Bottom