Test FW 18.08 IIc+ [Yep, JP inside. How original...]

alcyppa

Inspired
When a new FW comes up I generally do some test clips for myself (as I tend to be more objective when I listen than when I play).
Sometimes I upload these clips as I'm going to do now.

Nothing unheard or special, just trying the new G3'd IIc+ and creating a quite heavy patch that let me go from an acceptable clean to a decent lead just by rolling the volume.
I recorded 1 stereo clean track (guitar volume on 10%), 2 mono rhythm tracks (guitar volume on 70-80%) and 1 stereo lead track (guitar volume on 100&).

P.S. Notes timing, especially on that solo/theme, is annoyingly off. Sorry for that.

Sounds very good! Maybe your preset help to dial in this IIC+-Tone. At this Moment it sounds absolut ugly to me - out from my Axe......

Good job. What type of guitar/pick ups did you use? Might help others get a better starting point to replicate your tone.

Ibanez RG870 with Suhr pick ups (SSH+, ML, SSV) and Jazz III picks.

This amp is hard to dial in if you don't know where to start.
Also is really sensitive even on high gain territory and pick attack could vary considerably the overall tone.

I must admit that I love hearing it being played by other people but I feel a little weird using it.
Sadly it is not my kind of amp (and I tried to make it work for me since I was using the Ultra).

I must admit that I love hearing it being played by other people but I feel a little weird using it.
Sadly it is not my kind of amp (and I tried to make it work for me since I was using the Ultra).

This is my experience as well. I like boogies only when someone else is playing one.

Better not to use chorus in rhythm guitars (while recording L + R) to avoid phase issues..

Yeah I know, but I was just testing the patch to see if I could be capable to do all three parts without touching the Axe (even disengaging effects).
And I didn't want just a single center panned rhythm guitar for the "solo" part.

Most of the times I record dry guitars without any effect.

Anyway thanks for the advice;)

Sure, here it is.

It's ridicously simple though and with hotter PUs you should probably turn back input trim to 1.0.
I'm using the SM57-MD421 09 IR from Cab Pack 7.

Thanks for this - helped me get my previous tone back! When I upgraded to 18.08 my IIc+ got really thin and weak sounding.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom