Tesla

I like the freedom of not going to the gas station.

Range anxiety is really only an issue on long trips, and much less so for Tesla owners since they have a solid network of fast chargers. For daily driving, it's a non-issue.

Once again, it depends of where you live and the network available.
A more developped network where I live and I will swith my mind.

Certainly not in crowded cities. And...hum...I don't wish to fly among them people.
Flying is not driving....
DOA due to noise. There’s no way to make it quiet with current tech, even if all other issues are solved. Imagine a few thousand aircraft in the air simultaneously.

Once again, it depends of where you live and the network available.
A more developped network where I live and I will swith my mind.
Could be that it is already “more dense”. I live in the ‘burbs. There are 3 super chargers within a 6 mile radius, and the darn thing charges from the wall as well. 320 miles (75KWh) cost $9 If charging at home where I live. The coverage seems pretty dense for longer trips too, if you view it on a map. That’s only Tesla tho. All other manufacturers couldn’t be bothered to strike a deal with Tesla (Elon did offer), and as a rule their range is lower as well.

Could be that it is already “more dense”. I live in the ‘burbs. There are 3 super chargers within a 6 mile radius, and the darn thing charges from the wall as well. 320 miles (75KWh) cost $9 If charging at home where I live. The coverage seems pretty dense for longer trips too, if you view it on a map. That’s only Tesla tho. All other manufacturers couldn’t be bothered to strike a deal with Tesla (Elon did offer), and as a rule their range is lower as well.

I don't live in the US. The network here is more sparse. I often park near the only charger station I know...and it's often full...

Both Tesla and Apple will take a chunk out of eachothers market. Tesla is a tech company that developed it's own computer for thier vehicles. You'll probably end up with a Tesla phone that's connected to your Tesla car that is connected to Elons Starlink. Apple will enter into autonomous vehicle technology and higher end EV vehicles. Tesla baseline cars and Apple becomes the new BMW. I don't think vehicle status is going away and Apple's so far behind Tesla that it will enter the market at a much higher price range..mainly because they would be the most capable of achieving autonomy.... if they have enough cars on the road to collect data. They said they dont expect to enter the game until 2025.

That’s the beauty of it: no virtue signaling or “global warming” needed to sell Tesla cars. They stand on their own merit because they’re good products. And most of electricity in my state is hydro, but even if it was straight up coal l’d still buy the car.
Ask Tesla what happens to the spent batteries, the steps used in how they are "processed", and how much of the materials/ chemicals may be recycled into other products versus land filled.

Until we solve end to end life cycle solutions for all the components/replacement parts/manufacturer's waste of supposedly green products, sometimes the solution is worse than the problem they are trying to solve.

Another great example is looking at the life cycle/recycling plan for wind turbine blades, which I incorrectly assumed would last 20 to 50 years with proper lube and cleaning.

Another great example is looking at the life cycle/recycling plan for wind turbine blades, which I incorrectly assumed would last 20 to 50 years with proper lube and cleaning.

... and the millions of birds and trillions of insects that die each year from wind turbines.

Ask Tesla what happens to the spent batteries, the steps used in how they are "processed", and how much of the materials/ chemicals may be recycled into other products versus land filled.

Until we solve end to end life cycle solutions for all the components/replacement parts/manufacturer's waste of supposedly green products, sometimes the solution is worse than the problem they are trying to solve.

Probably nearly all of it can be recycled. It’s a bunch of copper and lithium, both fairly expensive, both in no way degraded by use. Why wouldn’t they be recycled? And besides, even if it isn’t recycled yet, the battery lasts 10+ years, so there aren’t a lot of “spent” ones out there.

In fact nearly all of it is recycled today. Just not by Tesla itself. Tesla is working on its own, better recycling tech at Gigafactory 1.

For example, the million mile battery. At 12,000 average miles per year. In 83 yrs they will need to do something with the battery.
The car is expected to have as life of 300,000 miles, and your battery will be recycled into another chasis. Its designed to be a robo taxi.

Probably nearly all of it can be recycled. It’s a bunch of copper and lithium, both fairly expensive, both in no way degraded by use. Why wouldn’t they be recycled? And besides, even if it isn’t recycled yet, the battery lasts 10+ years, so there aren’t a lot of “spent” ones out there.
Saying "probably" means you are assuming a situation that may not be reality independent of Musk press conference hyperbole.

https://www.argusmedia.com/en/news/2139066-tesla-starts-battery-recycling-in-china
https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1122631_tesla-launches-battery-recycling-at-nevada-gigafactory
https://www.google.com/amp/s/inside...sla-jb-straubel-future-battery-recycling/amp/

The lack of details regarding how much is recycled currently and the data/details of the battery materials that cannot be currently recycled and their current fate is problematic. It's exchanging one set of pollution issues that are known for another set of pollution issues that are obscured or black boxed.

Last edited:
I'm not "assuming" anything. I just wasn't lazy and looked it up in Google. :)

Back
Top Bottom