Terminator Genisys ----I'll Be Back

Gotta love people getting all worked up over the direction a movie is taking after only seeing a 90 second clip. :)

...and nobody even commented on the great song used. Love me some Ten Years After!

Sickening already. Look at this list and notice how many of them have been since 2000.

List of film remakes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it's not reboots, it sequels, or prequels, or book adaptations, or TV show adaptations. For the love of God, Hollywood come up with some original ideas already!

Honestly, if you're not finding enough original films, then you're simply doing a piss poor job of looking. There are tons of original ideas out there; there just also happens to be waaay more films overall getting made, like... hundreds more a year than there were even in the 80s.

Also, the idea that there's anything inherently bad about remakes, sequels, reboots, prequels, book adaptations, or tv adaptations is patently false. Retelling stories has been at the heart of storytelling since, well, the beginning of time.

What's really not original is complaining about Hollywood's lack of originality.

Valid point. I was feeling extra pissy last night. I agree to a large extent. There are a lot of really great original ideas out there, particularly from the independent studios. Some remakes are pretty cool. Take King Kong for example. They used modern technology to retell that story in a way that simply was not possible back in the 30's when the original was made. This movie just seems like an unnecessary, awkward mash-up of the first two movies and the CG looks kind of cheesy. The liquid metal effects didn't really look any better than they did back in 1991. I think bringing Arnold back and rehashing some of his scenes and lines just adds to the cheese factor. I'd probably still pick it up from Netflix and give it a fair shake though. T2 is still one of my favorite action movies of all time.

Slightly off topic, I find it highly interesting that two of today's brightest minds, Elon Musk and Stephen Hawking, have both issued warnings that AI could be the end of mankind.

Nah. Nothing can top Terminator 2. Not even Arnie can save this one.

Back
Top Bottom