Terminator 6: Dark Fate Trailer

I saw a reaction vid to this on That Star Wars Girl's channel. And she thought the evil terminator looked to pathetic to be threatening. That she wanted to give him a hug more then be afraid of him. But I reckon that makes him a superior infiltrating machine. If you look back at T1 Arnie was a superbly menacing looking Terminator. Who also sucked at the job if you think about it. Kyle Reese told Sarah that the Resistance used dogs to sniff the terminators out. But one look at Arnie and you could see he's a terminator. Come on, how many gyms could there realistically still be in service past Judgment Day?

I saw a reaction vid to this on That Star Wars Girl's channel. And she thought the evil terminator looked to pathetic to be threatening. That she wanted to give him a hug more then be afraid of him. But I reckon that makes him a superior infiltrating machine.

Coyotes and foxes are cute, cuddly looking and playful...that’s how they lure their prey.

and although maybe she plays for the other team, Kristianna Loken was not a bad looking machine

I suspect she was trying too hard to emulate Robert Patrick. When instead, like Robert Patrick, she should have created her own version of the Terminator. Robert knew he wasn't Arnie so he didn't try to be Arnie. And what's the point in hiring a good looking woman and have her act like an emotionless man? Why not use seduction as part of her modus operandi?

Come to think of it, why not subvert the whole dynamic? Instead of having the killer terminator chase the prey with the good terminator defending, change it the other way around. Killer terminator convinces the prey that he/she is the good terminator sent to protect it and takes it away. Meanwhile the good terminator tries to reach and save the prey but the evil terminator fends off its attacks, even has the prey fight off the good terminator, and only in the final act do we learn which terminator is which? Or further subversion as we may never truly know which terminator was good or bad? Maybe both are alternate reality terminators from different versions of Skynet? Each trying to come to fruition at the other's expense?

That movie looks like hot canned dog poop. I was excited years ago when I heard James Cameron was doing a new terminator with Linda Hamilton, I thought “ finally, something to get the taste of the new travesties outta my mouth “. But they just keep getting worse and worse. Thus makes T3 look even better.

I suspect she was trying too hard to emulate Robert Patrick. When instead, like Robert Patrick, she should have created her own version of the Terminator. Robert knew he wasn't Arnie so he didn't try to be Arnie. And what's the point in hiring a good looking woman and have her act like an emotionless man? Why not use seduction as part of her modus operandi?

Come to think of it, why not subvert the whole dynamic? Instead of having the killer terminator chase the prey with the good terminator defending, change it the other way around. Killer terminator convinces the prey that he/she is the good terminator sent to protect it and takes it away. Meanwhile the good terminator tries to reach and save the prey but the evil terminator fends off its attacks, even has the prey fight off the good terminator, and only in the final act do we learn which terminator is which? Or further subversion as we may never truly know which terminator was good or bad? Maybe both are alternate reality terminators from different versions of Skynet? Each trying to come to fruition at the other's expense?

have you ever considered screenplays??

I like your plot twist , you should have submitted something to GOT ,,they could have definitely used some help :)

That movie looks like hot canned dog poop. I was excited years ago when I heard James Cameron was doing a new terminator with Linda Hamilton, I thought “ finally, something to get the taste of the new travesties outta my mouth “. But they just keep getting worse and worse. Thus makes T3 look even better.

To be honest I did like T3, if only because it completed the circle again that had been broken by T2. T1 was the perfect time circle. Skynet tries to change the past, but in doing so unknowingly starts the exact chain of event that led to its downfall. T2, while highly entertaining, created a grandfather paradox. No Judgment Day equals no Kyle Reese going back into time equals no John Connor, which logically means something should have happened to the kid. T3 at least tried to address that issue. Skynet would still exist as Judgment Day got delayed. Which means instead of the perfect circle of T1, and the grandfather paradox of T2 we now got time travel creates alternate realities. A whole different kind of worms.

As for this movie, I'll reserve judgment for when it comes out. Although my hopes have gotten pretty low. Hollywood is rapidly losing the ability to tell good stories in its zeal to show an agenda down our throats. Mixing propaganda into cinema rarely produces good movies. Although technically Battleship Potemkin and Triumph des Willens proves that you can do it.

have you ever considered screenplays??

I like your plot twist , you should have submitted something to GOT ,,they could have definitely used some help :)

Thanks! It's one thing to come up with a nice plot twist, it's a whole different thing to work it out into an actual story though. I'm sure that the guys from GoT, or any TV show for that matter, gets TONS of script or story ideas sent to them. Making sense of them would be a regular day job in itself. Although I wouldn't be surprised if occasionally some ideas are 'borrowed' from such suggestions. Which is why there is no shortage of lawsuits in those regards. Personally I don't think I'd last for 5 minutes in Hollywood as I have no patience for the current political and social trends that are in fashion there. But I have dabbled in fanfiction myself.

I like the idea, but say in T2, it would have taken 0.01 second to kill John Conner, and then the job is done. There isn't really a reason to lure him away. Now if it's to infiltrate a bunker or something, I can see it. Watch "Screamers", which went exactly that direction.

Robert Patrick was really solid as a terminator though. When he started on X-Files, it took me a while before I could separate the two characters.

I like the idea, but say in T2, it would have taken 0.01 second to kill John Conner, and then the job is done. There isn't really a reason to lure him away. Now if it's to infiltrate a bunker or something, I can see it. Watch "Screamers", which went exactly that direction.

For what I had in mind future Skynet needed the protagonist, not kill the protagonist. Which is why I never said it was going to be John Conner. I remember Screamers. Man, that had a depressing ending.

Robert Patrick was really solid as a terminator though. When he started on X-Files, it took me a while before I could separate the two characters.

Robert Patrick put in an awesome performance. He owned that role, just like Arnie did in T2. He's only fault is that he missed a golden oneliner like Arnie's I'll be back. I reckon that single line alone propelled Arnie's career into ever increasing action hero status. Whereas Patrick's grim silent T-1000 was awesome, careerwise it didn't become as iconic as Arnie's I'll be back.

Fool me once... Gonna have to wait and see. Everything since T2 was total horseshit. T2 was a masterpiece that looks fresh even today. This needs to be at least as good as T2 for their claims to hold up, likelihood of which is very slim indeed.

Fool me once... Gonna have to wait and see. Everything since T2 was total horseshit. T2 was a masterpiece that looks fresh even today. This needs to be at least as good as T2 for their claims to hold up, likelihood of which is very slim indeed.

Sort of like anything after Aliens has sucked.

I actually liked the Sarah Conner Chronicles though.

The Sarah Connor chronicles is easily in the top 3.
My ranking.
1.T2
2.T1
3.TSCC
(These three are in a fairly close group, and favorites can change depending on mood and what I feel like watching, horror, action, or serial)
4.T3 (not as unbearable as I recall, an entertaining movie with a good story line, by today’s standards an overall excellent flick)
5.T4 Salvation (Good premise horrible execution, direction, and writing)
6.T5 Genysis (hot schit on a shingle)
7. *reserved for T6 Dark Fate* (probably gonna make me wish I was watching Salvation)

Oh FFS c'mon, @ 1:14 "Who are you".... have these people never seen a terminator movie????

Sheesh..

At any rate, no Arnie, no terminator.

Word.

The Sarah Connor chronicles is easily in the top 3.
My ranking.
1.T2
2.T1
3.TSCC
(These three are in a fairly close group, and favorites can change depending on mood and what I feel like watching, horror, action, or serial)
4.T3 (not as unbearable as I recall, an entertaining movie with a good story line, by today’s standards an overall excellent flick)
5.T4 Salvation (Good premise horrible execution, direction, and writing)
6.T5 Genysis (hot schit on a shingle)
7. *reserved for T6 Dark Fate* (probably gonna make me wish I was watching Salvation)

Hehe, I like that. Although I would reverse T1 and T2, because to me T2 has that grandfather paradox thing going.

Oh FFS c'mon, @ 1:14 "Who are you".... have these people never seen a terminator movie????

Sheesh..

At any rate, no Arnie, no terminator.

Word.

But at some point you have to accept that the original actor has gotten too old. I mean, Shatner is still alive as well, but I doubt he could still play Kirk. Or just sit in the captain's chair period. And how many times can the same thing happen to the same person? How many Die Hard scenarios can happen to McClane? At some point even Skynet has to accept that killing John Connor is not working and maybe a new approach is necessary.

I remember when James Cameron told us how great Genisys would be, and we see how that turned out. Just because the creator of a formerly great franchise has returned does not mean that person will bring the same magic as decades earlier. Look at the hot garbage that Prometheus and Alien Covenant were.

This reminds me visually of Terminator 3, and that's not a good thing. In 2003, T3 was one of....if not the...most expensive movie ever made at it's release. How did it wind up looking so cheap? Seriously, it looked like a SyFy original movie.

Just from what I've seen of the Dark Fate trailer, the morphing effects looked better in T2! This seems like a tired retread of done to death plot points. Oh look, someone says, "I'll be back". Evil morphing robot from the future. Someone's trying to kill a girl in the present. Badass protector. Dragging Linda Hamilton out of retirement seems like a gimmick to me.

My expectations are very, very low for this one.

In 2003, T3 was one of....if not the...most expensive movie ever made at it's release. How did it wind up looking so cheap? Seriously, it looked like a SyFy original movie.

Agreed. That’s even after Arnie paid for some of the movie too! Lol

Arnold Schwarzenegger put up $1.4 million of his salary to ensure that a key scene in which a construction crane smashes into a glass building was shot. The director Jonathan Mostow, was apparently worried that the film was going to run behind schedule and over budget.”

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0181852/trivia

Back
Top Bottom