Tempo Settings Lost After Power Off

GM Arts

Fractal Fanatic
This is really weird; I hope I'm overlooking something obvious.

On only one of my patches, the tempo and auto-delay settings are lost whenever I power down. I can reset them and save the patch and they'll stay while the AxeFX is powered on (so I can switch to other patches and back again and all is good). But after power off, the tempo is set to minimum 30 BPM, and auto-delay is set OFF for just this one patch.

I think I've had this problem over several recent firmwares, maybe since about v18. Anyone have an idea what's going on?

AxeFX II Mark 1, no MIDI, MFC or USB connected.

Preset, Chris, same as all the other patches that keep their settings.

I actually tried setting and saving all 5 tempo settings to non-zero values, and they all reset to off/zero after power off.

If I save this patch to a new location, it still has the same problem. Very odd, patch is only 77% CPU.

Last edited:
I think it's the preset size limit, too many parameters to store. Presets below the limit will be mostly "00" bytes after a certain point; this doesn't occur in your preset.

That makes sense, but it's odd because I have an identical patch (different amp and cab settings) and another patch similar but with additional blocks that are fine. I'll try to rebuild the patch and see if that works.

Thx for your help, Bakerman :)

Well that worked!

I saved a copy of the problem patch elsewhere (so I could copy certain block settings).
Then copied an identical layout patch over the problem patch.
Then copied/pasted blocks to restore their original settings.

And now tempo settings are retained after power-off.

Last edited:
...and another corrupt patch rears its head, does some obscure things, and eventually gets discovered. I'm glad it worked out.

And now the problem's back :-(

I've simplified the patch further, and I'm at the point where it will remember the tempo BPM, but loses the Auto-Delay setting after power-off (they're the only 2 settings I use that are not at "minimum" on the tempo page).

CPU is 76%, and patch is now probably complex by some people's standards, it's now the simplest one I use and the others are fine.

Is the patch trying to remember settings on blocks I've removed in the past? I don't understand why it's being suggested that I've run out of room for settings in my patch.

And now the problem's back :-(

I've simplified the patch further, and I'm at the point where it will remember the tempo BPM, but loses the Auto-Delay setting after power-off (they're the only 2 settings I use that are not at "minimum" on the tempo page).

CPU is 76%, and patch is now probably complex by some people's standards, it's now the simplest one I use and the others are fine.

Is the patch trying to remember settings on blocks I've removed in the past? I don't understand why it's being suggested that I've run out of room for settings in my patch.

Send me the preset and I'll take a look.

Simplify the preset is the only solution I'm aware of.

Or the workaround I'm using: At the start of the gig, go into the tempo page of the affected patch(es), make the settings you need and save the patch. Not ideal but no big deal :)

Back
Top Bottom