Wish Tempo set by songs

acidfrost

Inspired
Would love to have a way to pre set tempo by songs instead of globally or by presets.

I use the same presets in different songs, so I can't set the tempo on the preset itself.
Would be good to be able to program tempo on each songs. We play on a click live so the tempo will never change.

how would you do it? how would the axe fx know that you were using a particular preset on one song and not another? if you're using a click, why don't you send midi clock from the click generator to your axe fx?

Well we're using a recorded click on an mp3 that the drummer has in his ears.

Changing songs on the mfc would send the tempo through midi. Not like tap tempo, just the bpm to the global tempo.

It's just currently I have to duplicate presets to have the tempo set. Using tap tempo on every song is a bit complicated since I havr a bunch of other things to do.

I posted this wish as well a while ago. But I think this isn't possible, although I'm not sure why. The basic idea was, that the tempo is just another parameter of the song (next to etc the name of the song), which will then be sent to the AxeFX. No clock required, just a value. Just like when I type the tempo in Axe-Edit and hit Enter.

You can use a DAW to send tempo changes, midi cc and pc's, as well as your click track as a work around.

You can use a DAW to send tempo changes, midi cc and pc's, as well as your click track as a work around.

Yeah but I'm trying to be the simplest I can. Axe fx direct to FOH, done. No cabs or amps to carry around, no laptops.

For now the easiest is to clone presets with different tempos, but still a hassle once I'll have 50 songs with 3-5 presets each.

but what exactly would "send" the tempo to the axe ideally if you don't have any other gear connected? the mp3 player? i'm not sure mp3 players send tempo data out of the audio output.

No the mfc. Once you select a preset under a certain song, it would send the tempo info associated to that song, programmed in the mfc.

Oh, so the MFC would be able to save tempo data haha I completely missed that part ;p

Yeah I forgot to mention that part. It was obvious in my head haha.

What I mean is you could set a tempo for each song, like you would set a song name, and it sends it to the axe fx everytime you select a preset under a certain song.

The thing is, most of us don't really know all the details of how the MFC and Axe works internally. This idea is too good to not get any comments from Cliff, except if it's just not possible. In theory it sounds easy, but who knows, maybe it's just not doable, whatever the reason may be.

I "solved" this thing by creating a patch for every song, where all used effects are saved as global, and intense usage of scenes. That way, when I change settings, it gets changed with every other song as well. Another advantage is that I can name this preset with the name of the song, so I always see the name of the song when playing.

I'm pretty happy with this setup right now.

I use a preset per song or sometimes 2 or 3 presets per song. Tempo is saved per preset. IMO this is the way to get what you want.

I think you want the feature that Liquid Foot offers:
- you have songs and setlists
- song has a set of presets (1: clean, 2: chrunch ...) and you can send some midi commands and tap tempo
- you can of course set the same preset (eg clean1) in different songs - so you do not need clean_song1, clean_song2 ...
- so when you press the same preset (eg clean1) in different songs, the tap tempo will be set different

I think you want the feature that Liquid Foot offers:
- you have songs and setlists
- song has a set of presets (1: clean, 2: chrunch ...) and you can send some midi commands and tap tempo
- you can of course set the same preset (eg clean1) in different songs - so you do not need clean_song1, clean_song2 ...
- so when you press the same preset (eg clean1) in different songs, the tap tempo will be set different

Exactly!

always handy. just in case you forget.

:)

Hehe, yes it is :) But what I meant is, that I see the upcoming song. I don't memorize our setlists, because we change it quite often according to the play time we get. Now I select the next song, see which one it is, start tuning my guitar until the drummer counts in and then just start playing.

Necro thread revival...did this function ever get added to the MFC? I've been thinking about buying one to replace my Liquid Foot Jr, but one of my favorite functions of the LF is the ability to set tap tempo on a per-song basis. When I switch to the desired song on the LF, it automatically sets the tempo on the Axe-FX so that all the delays, tremolo, Leslie, etc are in time. Really nice not to have to create separate presets with tempos for each song. I like the MFC, but if it still lacks this feature, it's a real drawback.

Back
Top Bottom