Tempo input bug

Dutch

Fractal Fanatic
So, I have had this for years and through different firmwares. I tap the tempo, bend over to the A knob and change the tempo, hit save twice. Quite often the tempo either reverts to the previously saved or goes to a totally different tempo altogether. Suppose the tempo is at 118, I change it to 103, press save and it's at 46.

Anybody have that?

Ah. Wrong subforum. Didn't read past the "Wishes and..."

Any admin that could move it, please do, I don't see how to do this myself.

There's also this: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/metronome-tempo-changes-by-itself.127100/#post-1513412
but apparently having thousands of posts and 14 year Fractal history does not give me enough "privileges" to post there.

The Wishes and Bugs forum is in Archive mode, I think. Which means that all threads are closed. Reason: the AX8 is discontinued.

The one splotch on fractal's resume. Not fixing the AX8 bugs. And not being able to because the developer is gone... I was hoping it might have been just mine, but it isn't. Actually knew that, but forgot. Ran into it again this week.

:(

Maybe pretty please Cliff could tickle the guy to fix it? Just for us?

Of course not. I know the guy that did the firmware for the AX8 has went off to greener pastures, he is no longer with the company. Apparently the firmware for the AX8 is a female dog to work on. As Cliff himself stated. So that is it for the AX8.

I was just hoping this bug might have been squatted, but it's still buzzing freely on 10.01. I'm still on 10.0.

I'm sure Cliff learned the lesson, he will keep a closer eye on the firmwares and make sure that none of the techs are indispensable. As he apparently let this guy become.

Anyway, minor niggle, still sounding good!

Of course not. I know the guy that did the firmware for the AX8 has went off to greener pastures, he is no longer with the company. Apparently the firmware for the AX8 is a female dog to work on. As Cliff himself stated. So that is it for the AX8.

I was just hoping this bug might have been squatted, but it's still buzzing freely on 10.01. I'm still on 10.0.

I'm sure Cliff learned the lesson, he will keep a closer eye on the firmwares and make sure that none of the techs are indispensable. As he apparently let this guy become.

It’s a bit baffling to me that when they’d already coded for rack units for so long that the AX8 code was so drastically different that they had trouble porting things over. I’d be trying my darndest to automate porting it over as much as possible. Would make releasing new units much more profitable. Fingers crossed that’s what they’re doing for FM3.

So, I have had this for years and through different firmwares. I tap the tempo, bend over to the A knob and change the tempo, hit save twice. Quite often the tempo either reverts to the previously saved or goes to a totally different tempo altogether. Suppose the tempo is at 118, I change it to 103, press save and it's at 46.

Anybody have that?
Is Tempo set to Global or Preset?

Lul at some of these comments.

Hardly a minor niggle having a frozen board onstage. I suffered the same problems with my Axefx 2XL and the MFC Mk3 as did other at that time. That never got a fix and the problem was never solved before the MFC was discontinued.
Thankfully, my Ax8’s have never let me down but there is no way I would move from 6.04 to 10.xx until what is broken is fixed.
Not sure why Joe the engineer is carrying the can for this. Pretty sure I already owned my AX8’s before he even joined the company. Seem to remember their being a message of welcome to Joe on this very forum.

I haven't had that. My niggle is minor.
Me neither but being stick on 6.04 has stopped me getting all the stuff that has been added since. Especially the quicker changes.
My AX8’s have been solid. Just have not had any benefits

Back
Top Bottom