Temple Audio Pedalboard for AX8?

charley

i just bought an AX8!

Has anybody tried mounting it onto a temple Audio board?

I imagine screwing the ax8 feet through the holes on the temple board....anyone have success with this?

Thanks

I took the feet off and applied the temple plate adapters. I think I used 4 medium sized plates and I feel completely confident that its going nowhere. I do still need to get new shorter screws install where the feet used to be.

Only a few small downsides I think. First would be that you can't easily pull the AX8 off the board and use it, because you lose the rubber feet. Second is that IEC power cables won't fit through any of the holes on the board, so if you want to install a power module on the side of the board and leave the ax8 plugged in underneath the board, you have to cut the end off the cable and attach a new one or splice the cable after passing it through the board.

Other than those two minor things I'm loving mine. I have the duo24 and its perfect for the ax8 + ev-1. I can squeeze them a little tighter together and possibly get one or two more small things on the board, but so far I haven't had a reason to so I haven't bothered.

I don't have any pictures on hand right now but I can post some in the near future if you want anything specific pictured.

Mine has been on a TA Trio 28 since last year. I used 2 large plates on it, and removed the AX8 rubber feet. Haven't had a single problem.
I actually took the AX8 off of the board last week though... Christmas music has a different stage layout and my footprint had to get really small. Unscrewed the Temple screw mounts, reattached the rubber feet, and I was in business.

Ax.JPG

Mine has been on a TA Trio 28 since last year. I used 2 large plates on it, and removed the AX8 rubber feet. Haven't had a single problem.
I actually took the AX8 off of the board last week though... Christmas music has a different stage layout and my footprint had to get really small. Unscrewed the Temple screw mounts, reattached the rubber feet, and I was in business.

View attachment 43239

How are you powering the board? Do you have a power strip mounted underneath it or do you know if that's possible?

I have the Duo 24, used a combo of the AX8 screws in holes and the AX8 screws with home made extenders because all the holes on the AX8 will not line up with holes in the board. I tried 4 of the Temple mount plates, but they did not work unless all screws were out of the bottom of the AX8. I might just use some dual lock velcro if I were doing this again. Bought a power plug module off Amazon (pic below text here is the link to it) and used the end of an old extension cord with an adapter for power. Pics should show most of the stuff I did.

Amazon product ASIN B00DJUIX7K

Attachments

• Brew AX8.jpg
    Brew AX8.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0998.jpg
    IMG_0998.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0992.jpg
    IMG_0992.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0994.jpg
    IMG_0994.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0993.jpg
    IMG_0993.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 224
Mine is reasonably similar to Brewster above. Power switch added on the side, that runs to a splitter zip tied above the middle support underneath. The splitter has USB power for the wireless (still don't get why line 6 did that grr) and I run the ax8 and tuner from its normal plugs. Some additional cord management with a few zip ties. That's about it.

Honestly though, I may down size a bit in the future. I'm really only using 1 pedal these days, and the tuner is certainly not a necessity. Still debating.

I took the feet off and applied the temple plate adapters. I think I used 4 medium sized plates and I feel completely confident that its going nowhere. I do still need to get new shorter screws install where the feet used to be.

Only a few small downsides I think. First would be that you can't easily pull the AX8 off the board and use it, because you lose the rubber feet. Second is that IEC power cables won't fit through any of the holes on the board, so if you want to install a power module on the side of the board and leave the ax8 plugged in underneath the board, you have to cut the end off the cable and attach a new one or splice the cable after passing it through the board.

Other than those two minor things I'm loving mine. I have the duo24 and its perfect for the ax8 + ev-1. I can squeeze them a little tighter together and possibly get one or two more small things on the board, but so far I haven't had a reason to so I haven't bothered.

I don't have any pictures on hand right now but I can post some in the near future if you want anything specific pictured.
same

I have the Duo 24, used a combo of the AX8 screws in holes and the AX8 screws with home made extenders because all the holes on the AX8 will not line up with holes in the board. I tried 4 of the Temple mount plates, but they did not work unless all screws were out of the bottom of the AX8. I might just use some dual lock velcro if I were doing this again. Bought a power plug module off Amazon (pic below text here is the link to it) and used the end of an old extension cord with an adapter for power. Pics should show most of the stuff I did.

Amazon product ASIN B00DJUIX7K
Do you by chance have a link for the mic stand holder?

I was thinking of using velcro instead of the mounting plates and using velcro to mount a power strip underneath the board and running all power to it while running the male end of the power strip out of the side of the board where the IEC would typically go. Would that work? Is there enough room to mount a power strip underneath the board? I'm trying to avoid having to spend more money on a voodoo labs pedalpower unit and IEC jack.

Last edited:
For mine, took off the feet and used Dual Lock. Been on there for two years, never a problem. Use a Temple for my MFCs as well, same deal, Dual Lock. :)

To revive a slightly older thread...Temple users will the AX8 fit in the Temple soft case when mounted? Really thinking of going with a Duo 24

Back
Top Bottom