Temperature range of Axe Fx II

lauke-lux

Fractal Fanatic
Hello,

Next saturday we'll play out in a village. Action for French "Téléthon" campaign, a national charity event to gather money for medical research.

We'll be playing outside on a trailer, expected temperature is about 7°C (say 44 Fahrenheit, oups...).

Beyond taking mittens, a second guitar for string break and a bottle of hot wine.....will my Axe Fx function correctly for 1-1/2hour at this temperature or should I prepare something to protect/isolate the unit ?

OK, thanks, RTFM as usual, anybody already had the experience ? (I used to work for a specific activity where sometimes we had to qualify equipment functionnalities after storage at -40°C and +70°C. You'd be surprised how many equipments do not work correctly or only partly, whatever the brand. I guess Axe Fx DOES respond to manual indications so more confident for the Axe Fx than for my fingers for one hour @7°C anyway.

Seconding what others have said...

Yyou shouldn't have anything to worry about and you could say that the operating temperature of the Axe FX will exceed your own operating temperature.

I once played an outdoor gig where the ambient temperature was 'rather low' - so much so that there was frost and ice on the ground and it was my fingers that refused to work correctly.

Didn't Metallica perform a concert in the Antarctic using the Axe-Fx?

At the temps. you're talking about, the only thing you might notice is the LCD screen being a little sluggish. Should be fine at 7 C though, probably something you would notice more at 0 C and under.

We had a great gig today and as fog got up by eleven even had a great sunny apetizer concert. Only tuning strings was a bit difficult...ar 10 degrees steel is reacting slowly.20161203_130117.jpg

THAT'S the thing you should be more concerned about. Fog means 100% humidity. I'd be thinking very seriously about condensation inside my gear, especially electronics that warm up when powered on, which is all electronics.
It will happen when you put cold equipment in a hotter room in a more or less humid environment, say > 60%RH. As long as your rack is hotter than the outside, condensation is not very likely to happen. When you bring in your cold stored equipment in a hotter environment, better wait a bit until it get's to room temperature, say 10-15 minutes.

BTW for the hot wine, check here : http://www.food.com/recipe/gluehwein-german-hot-wine-punch-48713#activity-feed
It's really very good ! Unfortunately I didn't have the time to get me a bottle and heat it up !

Back
Top Bottom