Tell Me what you think of my Citrus Rv50 preset

Jvstrat

Experienced
Let me know what you think. I am using a blend of Marshall CB cabs from a Scott Peterson suggestion.

[SOUNDCLOUD][/SOUNDCLOUD]

Thanks. The compression may be the recording. I was using audacity which is freeware. No compression on the preset at all. Just amp, cab, delay, reverb.

Sounds like a Marshall! :)

Probably the IRs. I think it's missing a bit of that Orange kerrrrang that sets them apart from Marshalls -- that less-compressed kind of crunch sound. That's how I associate the RV50 sound in my head in any case. Have you tried Clark Kent's Orange cab IR with it?

Sounds like a Marshall! :)

Probably the IRs. I think it's missing a bit of that Orange kerrrrang that sets them apart from Marshalls -- that less-compressed kind of crunch sound. That's how I associate the RV50 sound in my head in any case. Have you tried Clark Kent's Orange cab IR with it?

No, I do need to try that orange ir. I wasn't necessarily looking to be authentic to the orange. I was really just looking for a good mid gain tone and I am a Marshall kind of guy :) . I use this same ir with my JCM 800 preset as it was Scott Petersons suggestion for Marshall type amps.

Too "congested/saturated" for my taste, TBH.
Especially apparent at 0:22 and later.

Back
Top Bottom