Tell me more about the Internal Battery

if this battery "fails" will all presets and firmware and stuff be erased?
Is the AXEFX as good as a doorstop if the battery fails?
Can it easily be replaced?
Will there be warning signs that the battery is about to get drained?
What is the typical lifetime of the battery?

Well, it's silver and round and kinda looks like a big Alka Seltzer.

stucker.gif

If the battery dies you lose your presets. Minimum lifespan is 10 years. Typical would be longer.

:lol: Nice one Cliff. How close will there be an indication the battery is about to go bad? I'm not too worried about the presets. That's why we're supposed to backup all the presets regularly. But if the battery dies, the unit itself, there is no harm done to it right? We could replace the battery, reset it to factory defaults and load all our custom presets? :p

When was the last time a PC broke because the CMOS battery died? The Axe-Fx is just like any other piece of digital equipment; when the battery dies, you simply put in a new one and turn it back on.

steverosburg said:
When was the last time a PC broke because the CMOS battery died? The Axe-Fx is just like any other piece of digital equipment; when the battery dies, you simply put in a new one and turn it back on.

cool! Actually my laptop dies each time i forget to keep it plugged in when the axe editor is running. I need to replace its battery I guess. It loses the date.

steverosburg said:

Well my AXE_FX is 3 year old.... I have 7 more good years
:lol:

By then I hope to have a shinny new AXE-FX2 and I'll be good for another 10,
after that, if I'm still alive I'll start worrying

:eek:

My TC G-Force is from around 1997 and the battery is still running.
Let's see the Ultra top that ;)
(or maybe it's because I never use it ;) )

During the last six months, many of the alka seltzer battieres in my vintage rack mount synths from the late 1980's [M1R, EX-8000], FX processors [two Digitech TSR-12] and preamps [GK MPL], went dead - all within a few weeks of each other. Which is to say, they lasted around 20 years without replacement. Some are easy to replace since the batteries are in a plastic battery holder; others are SOLDERED TO THE BOARDS!!!. A total pain to change.

Back
Top Bottom