Tell me about Tennessee

Zematis? They look like Zematis guitars. Too much bling for my taste, but if you've got the swagger to pull one off they sound real nice.
The first 3 are Teye, not sure after those. Def too much bling for me as well, but if someone wants to offer me a gig at the Grand Ole Opry I'll consider it... ;-)

The store was called Artisan Guitars. I was at the Factory for a copywriters' workshop and they were where I spent most of my break time. You didn't just walk in and check out the gear... you got a whole story about each section of the store, about the guitar brands, and whatnot. Cool info, and probably also a good way to shoo people away who shouldn't be playing $10K+ guitars.

Biggest and longest earthquake I've lived through was in Ontario, not California. Any place can shake.
I used to live in Montreal. I guess you know what a block heater is lol. I moved to the us and everyone asked why I had an extension cord hanging out of the front grill of my car

I used to live in Montreal. I guess you know what a block heater is lol. I moved to the us and everyone asked why I had an extension cord hanging out of the front grill of my car
LOL. Yea, Ottawaian. Super familar with having to plug 'er in at night! :D

Climate similar to CA? I'm afraid not. Hot, muggy, bugs, snow, ice, lots of rain. You get a seasonal change, so that's a plus, but it definitely gets ugly. The weather would definitely not be a reason to move there.

My family is scattered around TN. I have them in the Tri-Cities area, around Knox, around Chattanooga, and near Nashville. I've lived in those different parts on and off. The last long stint about 8 years ago. There are some nice things about the area, and you're picking a nicer area, but it's still a pretty big culture shock from CA.

Only real reason I think I would make it my home would be some killer job, or to retire because with no state income tax, it might be of benefit. The benefit of being near family would be a big plus. They aren't getting any younger, and I see them rarely as is.

Hot, muggy, bugs, snow, ice, lots of rain. You get a seasonal change, so that's a plus, but it definitely gets ugly.
All of that is so much better than California. This is how I describe CA to people - especially the part I was subjected to because of work, the freakin desert:
Imagine turning a hair dryer on and sticking the business end in your mouth.
Every day is pretty much the same. Look down, it's brown. Look up, it's blue. The only difference is how fast the wind's blowing and how hot it is. It's like being in the world's most boring diorama. The air is so dry your sinuses bleed perpetually. Bloody boogers and bloody noses were the norm for me (chronic epistaxis). The sinus headaches drove me nuts.
Deciduous trees? Not really, so there is no observable autumn, no changing color, no falling leaves, none of that.
I hated everything about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
so anything I bring with me is mostly hot air.
Maybe the need you in New Mexico
iu

Coming from 35 years in Canada, I get a kick out of people calling winter "cold". :) We're good with Nashville levels of cold!

FWIW, I find Tennessee winters to be a lot worse than Ontario winters. It’s warm enough to be miserable wet, but cold enough to chill to the bone.

Look like Teye... Which I think was inspired by Zemaitis.

if you’re in to speculating on the prices of collectible guitars, I think these Teye’s may be something to consider. As soon as Keith Richards picked up a Zemaitis, prices doubled.

All of that is so much better than California. This is how I describe CA to people - especially the part I was subjected to because of work, the freakin desert:
Imagine turning a hair dryer on and sticking the business end in your mouth.
Every day is pretty much the same. Look down, it's brown. Look up, it's blue. The only difference is how fast the wind's blowing and how hot it is. It's like being in the world's most boring diorama. The air is so dry your sinuses bleed perpetually. Bloody boogers and bloody noses were the norm for me (chronic epistaxis). The sinus headaches drove me nuts.
Deciduous trees? Not really, so there is no observable autumn, no changing color, no falling leaves, none of that.
I hated everything about it.
Sorry, just taking the opportunity to rant about The Demokratik People's Republik of Kalifornistan.
California is a big state, with a variety of climates. Much of northern CA has plenty of greenery (although less so during drought years)...

Reactions: ESW

Most people from California encourage bad mouthing of the state. Too damn many people want to live here (check the real estate prices as a gauge of that), so anything that serves to discourage people from coming here is welcome.

Friends of the fam live there, near Sparta.

Pretty, but very rural. Relatively mild winters, hot muggy summers. You will likely need a tractor and bush hog to mow your lawn if you live out of town, as grass grows so fast you can almost hear it. Lots of Mennonites. Outside major cities, lotsa farmers, few farners....

Last edited:
Friends of the fam live there, near Sparta.

Pretty, but very rural. Relatively mild winters, hot muggy summers. You will likely need a tractor and bush hog to mow your lawn if you live out of town, as grass grows so fast you can almost hear it. Lots of Mennonites. Outside major cities, lotsa farmers, few farners....
I have family that lives in that area....I hate it so much, lol. Very backwards, very poor and all the things that go with it.

California is a big state, with a variety of climates. Much of northern CA has plenty of greenery (although less so during drought years)...

Yeah, I'm two blocks from the water. While you can get Santa Ana conditions where the wind is coming off the desert, and is pretty dry, it's rare. I find the humidity levels perfect. When I go back East to visit family, I'm dying.

It's a very diverse area. I'm 5 minutes from the ocean, 90 minutes from the desert or mountains. Skiing, surfing or dirtbiking during a single weekend is doable. I don't know. I've lived all over the country, and to me, this is the closet to home that I've found. It feels right. I don't find myself missing the other places I've lived a lot, but when I'm not in San Diego, I'm missing it.

Tennessee, Tennessee, there ain't no place I'd rather be
Baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee
Drink all day and rock all night
The law come to get you if you don't walk right
Got a letter this morning, baby all it read
You better head back to Tennessee Jed

I lived in Murfreesboro for 5 years....I’ve lived in ny,indiana,texas and alabama and we loved murfreesboro.
you will too :)

Back
Top Bottom