Tell me about cool Hot Rodded Marshall style amps like the Friedman

Thenewexhibit

Experienced
What are you guys digging for the hot rodded Marshall Style amps? I generally like the Friedmans, but am curious which models are in the same vain. I thought the JCM 800 was pretty cool too; seems hotter than most 800's I've played in person, but I dig it.

I've been digging...

...the Plexi. Lol

I have a preset I posted a week or so ago that has one, and other hot rodded Marshall tones dialed up for you already. But cycling through them, it's clear that the Plexi wins out.

I've been digging...

...the Plexi. Lol

I have a preset I posted a week or so ago that has one, and other hot rodded Marshall tones dialed up for you already. But cycling through them, it's clear that the Plexi wins out.
hahah got ya! I know there are amps like the Cameron stuff too of the Splawn, so I was curious what most people are digging. I'll have to track down that preset!!!

Cameron CCV2A his the spot for me at the moment. Atomica High, Brit 800 Mod, Quick Rod OD1 and FAS Brown aren't far behind.

You can also "roll your own" with some of the advanced parameters in the amp block.

Nice!!! Thank you for the heads up on everything!!! I will look into those as well!!!

The Brit Silver is my favorite Marshall, and my favorite amp I’ve ever used in real life. I love how responsive the EQ is. You can get so many sounds out of it.

Here's some of my favourites

Other than those, I also like Herbie Ch2+, Friedman Small Box, Plexi 2204. I also like SLO100

This is a fairly old clip, my preferences changed a bit after Cygnus.

The Cornford MK50 model is my favorite. Never liked the real thing because it was so damn loud but the model has been my favorite for ages.

Cameron is my go to. I love the 1B pushed really hard.

The Capt Hook's are very good as well - my alternative to the Cameron.

Cameron ccv 2A but ccv 2C is even better ;-) just set the input trim to 0.5 and gain to 3 (on a dial) and listen how much chunkier it is compared to ccv 2A... I play this model live these days and it beats herbie 3, which used to be my no.1 for chunky rhythm filth 🙃

Cameron ccv 2A but ccv 2C is even better ;-) just set the input trim to 0.5 and gain to 3 (on a dial) and listen how much chunkier it is compared to ccv 2A... I play this model live these days and it beats herbie 3, which used to be my no.1 for chunky rhythm filth 🙃
This is why I like the 1B. Goose the input and master its GREAT. Have to say though - my idea of high gain is lower than most lol.

This is why I like the 1B. Goose the input and master its GREAT. Have to say though - my idea of high gain is lower than most lol.
Mine too, but prs tremonti pickup is pretty hot pickup in first place.
I always play with the gain as low as possible though.
When my buddies picks up my guitar, they sounds like they are using one less gain stage, but I just hit the strings much harder :)

Back
Top Bottom