Telecaster sound

andyp13

Power User
A while ago I was oin the forum looking for help finding a sound for my Telecaster - I picked up lots of tips etc..so I thought I would post this for you guys to listen to, the guitar solo comes in at 1:52. I'm loving this tele sound from my Axe FX.
I use the shiver Amp, with the 808 mod Overdrive with the drive set to '0' and a bit of compression to give a little byte and edge etc.

http://youtu.be/A-A462tSEv8

Tele's are awesome guitars! Maybe not as sexy looking or comfortable as a Strat, but they often sound a bit more pissed off due to the hardtail and metal bridge pickup base plate giving it that signature bite. You can buy aftermarket base plates for retrofitting onto Strat bridge pickups to make them sound a little meaner like a Tele.

I like it. Have you uploaded that to Axe Change? I'd like to give it a spin with my Tele.

Saw the RAC12 - really want one of those but struggling to justify cost as present.

Id like that patch as well, as I use a Matrix GT1000 into a 2x12 cab.

Sounds great- dig the tune and the tone. One of my favorite amp models for my teles is the '59 Bassguy.. similar vibe direction to the tone you're getting there.

Still one week to send the RAC12 before holidays. We come back on September.

Might be able to justify in September.

Part of the problem is my rack is full, so need a larger rack to house the unit if I choose. That adds another £100 to the cost lol.

** EDIT*

How deep is the RAC12 ??

Had a thought - my rack has front and rear rails. Currently has the AFX and a Matrix power amp in along with a L6 RElay G90 wireless. That G90 isnt that deep so it MAY be possibly to mount the RAC12 and Relay units in the same 1U space with the RAC12 at the front and the Relay at the back.

Back
Top Bottom