Tele necks

Brownmatthall

Power User
I've been wanting to swap the neck out on my Tele to a lefty headstock/soft v (preferably both) and have had a watchful eye on reverb and ebay. First question is regarding the Chinese necks littering ebay for +-50 bucks, I know you get what you pay for but has anyone taken on chance on one? The price is really temping, especially since it's going on a guitar that cost me 350 new and I'm really not keen on spending roundabout that much again on just a neck. Second question is in regards to finding a nice chunky esquire neck profile, are there any fenders out there that aren't sporting the lame modern c? I'd rather just grab a used neck but I don't think I've ever seen one that wasn't the same ol same ol.

I've just gone through a tele neck swap and from what I've gathered, the Chinese necks are very hit and miss. Not worth the risk for me so I ended up with a USA Fender Strat neck (I prefer the lame modern c :) ) for under 200 and glad I spent the extra money. For economy necks try USACG or Allparts, some guys like Mighty Mite but reviews are mixed. They can be found on ebay for around 100 to 150. For a bit more try Musikraft or Warmoth, I bought a Warmoth for 220 and really liked it. All of these brands offer bigger profile options similar to the u shape.

I've just gone through a tele neck swap and from what I've gathered, the Chinese necks are very hit and miss. Not worth the risk for me so I ended up with a USA Fender Strat neck (I prefer the lame modern c :) ) for under 200 and glad I spent the extra money. For economy necks try USACG or Allparts, some guys like Mighty Mite but reviews are mixed. They can be found on ebay for around 100 to 150. For a bit more try Musikraft or Warmoth, I bought a Warmoth for 220 and really liked it. All of these brands offer bigger profile options similar to the u shape.
Yeah I've got my eye on a couple all parts necks right now and they all have most of the qualities I want but I'm holding out and hoping for a holy grail to show up one day haha. Thanks for the input :)

FWIW, if you believe that tonewood matters, it matters most in the neck. The neck is also the most vulnerable part of the guitar, the easiest to screw up, and the hardest/most expensive to repair if things go wrong. So you can probably get away with getting a Chinese body, but the neck I'd get from a more reliable source. You may end up spending more to get that cheap crap usable.

I bought a beautiful strat neck from these guys: CEG Hardtails. I think they take a neck like a Mighty Mite and level and polish the frets, etc. Fine tune it so to speak. Nice attention to detail.

I bought a beautiful strat neck from these guys: CEG Hardtails. I think they take a neck like a Mighty Mite and level and polish the frets, etc. Fine tune it so to speak. Nice attention to detail.
These look really nice and have the profile I'm looking got to boot, thanks for the heads up!

Been down the Chinese road - hit and miss as someone said above.

I'd wholeheartedly recommend Best Guitar Parts. www.bestguitarparts.com
Picked up a tele neck from them recently and it is a ripper. Do your research in them.

So for those who care I settled on this one, a mighty mite strat neck with a v profile I'm growing fonder of by the minute :) stuck some compensated brass saddles on while the strings were off as well
Snapchat-6306215790598976373.jpg

IMG_20160512_154114.jpg

Last edited:
Tasty! I love seeing the combo of the tele + strat neck (and vice versa). A buddy of mine built a weird frankencaster from a tele body and Les Paul neck.

Tasty! I love seeing the combo of the tele + strat neck (and vice versa). A buddy of mine built a weird frankencaster from a tele body and Les Paul neck.
big fan of the look here too, was thinking of going with the big 60's style headstock but the price on this was too nice too pass up so i pulled the trigger

My Squier P Bass was a beat up flea market find for $45 and the neck was slightly warped. For $80 I put a Mighty Might neck on it and it's rocking great. Well built and the fretwork was surprisingly good. Nut is a bit soft though. For the money I can't really complain. PS. My dog has that exact same bone chew toy. :)

My Squier P Bass was a beat up flea market find for $45 and the neck was slightly warped. For $80 I put a Mighty Might neck on it and it's rocking great. Well built and the fretwork was surprisingly good. Nut is a bit soft though. For the money I can't really complain. PS. My dog has that exact same bone chew toy. :)
friend of mine has the same set up on his P bass, i think he snagged it off craigslist for a buck 50 or something ridiculous like that because it was a mighty mite neck but that thing is super solid regardless. I was nervous at first because the frets were on the rough side but I polished em with steel wool and have been playing it not stop and theyre starting to break in really nice, really happy with the necks build quality. That toy is also the only thing to survive my pup, its one of her favorites haha :p

Back
Top Bottom