Tele into cranked Plexi clip.

MrMunky

The tone and responsiveness of this thing with the 9.0 firmware is remarkable.

http://www.inrerocknroll.com/tunes/ISL.mp3

I've been trying to fake this tone a whole bunch of ways - it's just the Plexi 2 with the drive about 2 and the Master and Sag all the way up. Fantastic. I did run an Analogman BiComp in front of it, but I'm odd like that.

Awesome, 9.0 is amazing! Congrats to you for your beautiful playing and thanks (again) to Cliff for his incredible work.

Just got back from vacation to find the new firmware up, haven't had a chance to upload it yet but iv been checking out all the new clips fellow users have uploaded using 9. Im stoked for it now. Could you upload the patch and share the love?

Wow! Great playing, great tone :cool: , the background track sucks big time :shock: .
But the guitars sound like player -> guitar -> amp -> mic -> tape* (and we all know it has been player -> guitar -> Axe-Fx -> tape*). Kudos!

*) replace "tape" with your favorite DAW if you want.

Wow, very clear sound, and nice playing.

I just had to try the original poster very simple settings he indicated in his first post. Since I didn't know what cab he used, I just used the stock 4x12 Green. Played with a 50's RI Tele for comparison. So Cliff, does it still sound as bad as the clip I posted in the Fender thread? By the way, I'm talking about the sound, not the playing :mrgreen:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8400331

To Deltones:

Well, the playing and the sound affect each other...

It sounds like your strings are worn.

You let strings ring when they should be muted.
It sounds like you should hold your pick closer to the edge you hit the strings with.
HIT the strings.

cardinal of crunk said:
That's gotta be one of the best sounds out of an Axe Fx I've heard. What cabinet model?

I'd like to know too.

Thanks guys.

I've been having a bunch of trouble with the editor lately, and might not be able to post the patch to the Axechange for a while. But the patch only uses three blocks, and the third one is a reverb, which you can set to your taste. Here are the settings for the amp and cab blocks:

Amp
Global:Off | Type: Plexi 2 | Drive: 1.93 | Bass: 10:00 | Mid: 5.16 | Treb: 8.07 |

Pres: 8.98 | Depth: 0.00 | Damp: 4.02 | Sag: 10.00 | Mstr: 10.00 |

Level: -1.00|. All of the advanced parameters are stock to the Plexi 2 block. Like a real Marshall, it doesn't really make that much difference where you put the bass, mid, and treble controls.

Cab
Mode: Mono HiRes | Air: 0.0% | AirFreq. 0.0% | Cab: 4x12 20W |
Mic: U87 Cond | Drive: 5.67 |

Deltones said:
Wow, very clear sound, and nice playing.

I just had to try the original poster very simple settings he indicated in his first post. Since I didn't know what cab he used, I just used the stock 4x12 Green. Played with a 50's RI Tele for comparison. So Cliff, does it still sound as bad as the clip I posted in the Fender thread? By the way, I'm talking about the sound, not the playing :mrgreen:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8400331

How are you recording by the way?

Analogue out? or digital outs?

MrMunky said:
Cab
Mode: Mono HiRes | Air: 0.0% | AirFreq. 0.0% | Cab: 4x12 20W |
Mic: U87 Cond | Drive: 5.67 |
4x12 20 and the U87... my absolute FAVOURITE cab and mic combination in the Axe for everything Marshall. NEVER EVER change those, Cliff ;)

Back
Top Bottom