Tele Country Time

Akstrat

Experienced
Anyone care to share their country presets for rhythms, leads and cleans? I've been asked to join a modern country, rock band. Think Paisley, Urban, Chesney type stuff. Save me a bit of time please!! Thanks!

The Keith Urban preset they have is good but all the Paisley one's I have heard are far from it. I would love to find a good Paisley one to. Know a lot of his stuff is compressor and DR Z

Just got my AX8 yesterday so not too much experience but here goes.

I play a '52 Re-issue Tele with a Lindy Fralin Blues Special in the bridge.
For Keith Urban try the factory preset 5-1 Champlifier 5f1
For Paisley try 2-5 Wrecked Express
Not sure about Chesney stuff.

Both will need tweaking to your taste.

did that thing for a long time, rocked my AxeFX on Broadway in nashville 3-4 nights a week. Lived on the DC30 for all of that. Only time I didnt was when it was some of the chunkier rock stuff and I used the Friedman Smallbox. That's it. One amp covered 50+ songs and it was everything from Cash to Yoakam to Paisley to Urban to Florida Georgia Line.

The DC30 amp is a good choice. I'm finding the magic for me is in the amount of compression I use! Really adds to the spank when you dig in!

I still have a hard time finding a true good tele tone. I see a lot of folks post the heavier stuff but wish I would find something more Paisley sounding. I play a 52 tele w 4 way switching and adder neck pick up and voodoo bridge. Would love to find a good versatile patch or two or hear what you guys have.

I still have a hard time finding a true good tele tone. I see a lot of folks post the heavier stuff but wish I would find something more Paisley sounding. I play a 52 tele w 4 way switching and adder neck pick up and voodoo bridge. Would love to find a good versatile patch or two or hear what you guys have.

Low-gain amp, MV cranked, good amount of sag, add some Out Comp (amp block) to keep levels right, high-quality IR of the matching cab, using low cut and high cut to taste in the cab block. If you want, start by hitting the "cut" switch under the bass knob in amp block before adjusting filters in cab block- saves time.

Other than some Fender amps, many low-gain amps do well to have a stronger input signal. Go to input gate, and add at least 1 db to the level knob. If using compressor block, you might also experiment with another 1-2 db on its "level" knob. The makes the small amps (think Vox-type amps) more apt to naturally compress notes, giving you solid tone that stays consistent, as country players (and P&W) tend to want.

Back
Top Bottom