Tedeschi Trucks Band - Fox Theater

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
I saw Tedeschi Trucks band last night (5/10) at the Fox Theater in Oakland, California.

They were great - highly recommend you see them!

Susan Tedeschi has a voice that is... Damn! Cut through the sometimes dense mix like a hot knife thru butter...

Derek Trucks is soooo good. Amazing tones. I was surprised by how much non-slide playing he does.

Everyone in the 12 piece band got the spotlight at least once and they all have great talent... Except the sax player - seemed like he was on another planet every time he took a solo.

They're playing again tonight...

When I saw this threads title I thought, no friggin way trucks is playing through an AxeFX! But hen there was that thing with John Meyer...

Hahaha Just a general lounge thread...

I think that Susan's guitar skills tend to get overlooked. Mostly people think of Susan's voice and Derek's exceptional guitar playing. But when Susan gets a chance to play up front with Strat, it shows she has some serious guitar skills.

I think that Susan's guitar skills tend to get overlooked. Mostly people think of Susan's voice and Derek's exceptional guitar playing. But when Susan gets a chance to play up front with Strat, it shows she has some serious guitar skills.
She played a couple solos last night... She's not a bad guitarist, but compared to Derek, it's not even fair ;)

She played a couple Teles last night... No Strat.

I think her vocal abilities far surpass her guitar abilities. And that's totally fine because she is a monster singer!

Back
Top Bottom