Technical question for power supply for LFP

Keg8605

Power User
I've gone through two power supplies for my LFP since May. Luckily I know whats causing it. It has to be the heat inside my rack setup. I redid it with a patch bay and vented panel on the back. Then not much longer after that I lost the first power supply which lasted for 3+years prior. Now just yesterday I had another one burn out at a gig. Luckily had a replacement ready.

Anyhow I obviously now make sure i keep ordering extras. Would buying one with some more Amp output work better? I'm also going to probably ditch the vent panel. The LFP is rated at 9V AC 1000 mA. Would say buying one thats 9V AC 2000 mA help or do any damage?

Thanks for any help.

The 2000mA rating means that the power supply is CAPABLE of supplying more current than the 1000mA version, IF required. It's like comparing a car with a rated top speed of 120mph to one rated at 180mph. Both will drive quite comfortably at 60mph.

You will just be buying more than you need. No risk.

Terry.

Thanks Terry. Thats what I was hoping and I'll have to check it to see if the temp stays cooler too. Cuz every time they burn out they are hot.

I did happen to find out that in the manual they state not to plug in phantom power for anything over 1mA. I also noticed that something is short with my phantom power jack. So either some resoldering or fixing needs to be done.

When using the MFC-101 MIDI Foot Controller over a 7-pin MIDI cable,connect the supplied AC Adapter to this jack to provide power to the floor unit via pins 6+7. Some otherMIDI controllers also support the use of phantom power on pins 6+7.​
[FONT=Calibri,Bold][FONT=Calibri,Bold][FONT=Calibri,Bold]
WARNING!​
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]Do not connect an AC adapter with a rating higher than 1A to the Phantom Power jack. Doing
so will damage your Axe-Fx II.

Back
Top Bottom