Technical Death Metal - Friedman HBE V1

I like it!!! Very well played and nice ideas in there :)

One other example which makes me wonder, why I cannot get the Friedmans to sound good... Did you do something special besides Gain, BMT etc?

I like it!!! Very well played and nice ideas in there :)

One other example which makes me wonder, why I cannot get the Friedmans to sound good... Did you do something special besides Gain, BMT etc?

Hi Axifist,

The first step is to put a TS808 before the amp block and then test some cab simulations until you get one that sounds punchy but sweet at the same time. I normally use 2 cabs, for example German Boutique + Citrus V30.

After that I'd try to attenuate some hi-mid frequencies between (2K-4K) to lower the harsh when playing high notes and scoop low frequencues between 125Hz-200Hz to avoid too much low end when palm muting. Be careful and don't attenuate too much, as you might feel that you have too much mids or that it sounds weak. I use a parametric EQ block for it.

What guitar/pickups you have? And for what style?

Ok so it seems like one has to do quite a lot to make the Friedmans sound right. I'll test your requests, maybe that way this amp works for me.

I usually like the approach to choose amps which sound right just the way they are with the tone controls the real amp has. That way I found the Angle Severe 1 and the PVH 6160 Block Letter to work for me for the higain sound.

I play metal and have an FGN Elan Expert with Seymour Duncans (which ones I don't know to be honest).

Ok so it seems like one has to do quite a lot to make the Friedmans sound right. I'll test your requests, maybe that way this amp works for me.

I usually like the approach to choose amps which sound right just the way they are with the tone controls the real amp has. That way I found the Angle Severe 1 and the PVH 6160 Block Letter to work for me for the higain sound.

I play metal and have an FGN Elan Expert with Seymour Duncans (which ones I don't know to be honest).

Hi man! No no, I do it with all amps, it's like applying some EQ that you would add in the mix to make my presets sound less harsh and boomy. I'm used to play solos and rhythm with the same patch (I add the reverb in the mix) which requires even more processing.

By the way, the rhythm guitar from this video is unmixed :D

You can try to play with the HP and LP from the cab section and maybe tweaking the poweramp section from the amp block. You will notice the different.

For a raw, unmixed tone this is phenomenal. Really liked it, the playing and the tone. Would really like to hear it, post mix.

Hi Narsh,

Thank you! :D

No no, I mean that the rhythm guitar is unmixed because I tweak it in the Axe-FX, so after that I don't need to mix it in my DAW, only tweaking volumes. As I like to have a tone that works for all the fretboard I consider that I'm not able to get a better sound.

The tracks in the middle like solos are mixed in the daw (HP, LP, some hi-mid attenuations...)

Hi Narsh,

Thank you! :D

No no, I mean that the rhythm guitar is unmixed because I tweak it in the Axe-FX, so after that I don't need to mix it in my DAW, only tweaking volumes. As I like to have a tone that works for all the fretboard I consider that I'm not able to get a better sound.

The tracks in the middle like solos are mixed in the daw (HP, LP, some hi-mid attenuations...)
Ahhh gotcha... Still it sounds darn good!

Back
Top Bottom