Wish Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI

What is the problem why this pedal is not incorporated? People have been asking for it since the Ax FX II.

Currently I have to carry the Axe FX III and the physical pedal and that's not the worst of it. I'm forced to put it before the Axe FX compressor, which I always like to put it after.
Hook it into a loop in the Axe, then you can put the loop anywhere you want in the chain

I don’t understand why people want this. We’ve had a Sans Amp at my church for years and it sounds pretty decent, but I’ve found myself thinking how nice it would be if the church could afford a fractal to do a proper amp modeling. Wanting the Fractal to emulate an inferior analog pedal instead of the real amp that pedal is trying to sound like… I don’t understand that, but if that is really the sound you want, Sans Amps aren’t very expensive.

I don’t understand why people want this. We’ve had a Sans Amp at my church for years and it sounds pretty decent, but I’ve found myself thinking how nice it would be if the church could afford a fractal to do a proper amp modeling. Wanting the Fractal to emulate an inferior analog pedal instead of the real amp that pedal is trying to sound like… I don’t understand that, but if that is really the sound you want, Sans Amps aren’t very expensive.
For decades, it was the BDDI for the win...live, studio, blended bass tracks...what have you. In its category, a truly groundbreaking piece of gear. You don't have to like it, or get it, or approve of why others do, to appreciate that others really DO want this pedal added. 👍

For decades, it was the BDDI for the win...live, studio, blended bass tracks...what have you. In its category, a truly groundbreaking piece of gear. You don't have to like it, or get it, or approve of why others do, to appreciate that others really DO want this pedal added. 👍
For whatever reason, some people feel that gatekeeping is their way to add value to the community.

+1

To quote a three year old comment...
I got the BDDI V2 recently. I have a feeling that if this were to be implemented, Cliff would buy a new V2 one and there would be a lot of people complaining that the V1 was what they were hoping for instead. Haven't tried the V1 but from the clips online, the two units sound pretty drastically different. Luckily Leon Todd already tone matched that one and it's on Axe-Change. I could probably tone match V2 for you guys if you wanted but I'd first have to learn how to do so.

I'm a fan of the V1 and it is still use it when I record bass. I purchased one of the programmable BDDI models many years ago (thinking they were all the same) after borrowing a friend's V1 that he had been using since the 90s, only to discover two pedals sounded very different. I sold the one I bought and tracked down a V1 for myself. Cosmetically, the V1 pedals have only one switch (other than the footswitch) on them, the "Phantom & Ground Connect" switch. The V2 added line/instrument level selection switches for each output.

Back
Top Bottom