Tech 21 Fly Rig Alternative

stm113

Power User
I've been looking into a back up right, something simple and the Tech 21 Fly Rig really caught my eye. Excellent price point, and a great concept. One thing I don't care as much for is the lack of an FX loop. It has the most basics you'd need but I'd like to be able to use some modulation pedals or even my Line 6 modulation modeler with it. Ine huge benefit in my mind is the actual preamp section so you could go direct or use a poweramp if a head is not available. Does anyone know of another company making a similar product?

AMT SS11, SS20 and SS30 preamp pedals? Each is basically a 3 channel preamp, clean/crunch/lead. It doesn't have any other effects but they do have an FX Loop and two separate outputs, one at line level able to go directly into a poweramp, and one with cab simulation able to go directly into a FOH mixing desk. So paired with a delay and a few modulation pedals and/or a wah and you have a simple backup rig. The SS11 and SS20 have a tube inside them, the SS30 is solid state.

Back
Top Bottom