TC MIMIQ?

Attempting to understand bakerman's mimiq mimiqer: Question - how are the 4 delay lines in the multi delay switched? I see can see the levels on the delay lines changing but I don't see what's controlling them.

Last edited:
Attempting to understand bakerman's mimiq mimiqer: Question - how are the 4 delay lines in the multi delay switched? I'm stumped as I see only 1 of the 3 multi-delay lines with level up.

The level 1-4 settings don't matter as there's an LFO modifying them all (plus mix). I overlaid the modifier curves to show how the quantized LFO selects one delay or dry signal in the original post with the preset: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/various-presets-tricks.135770/post-1620271

The level 1-4 settings don't matter as there's an LFO modifying them all (plus mix). I overlaid the modifier curves to show how the quantized LFO selects one delay or dry signal in the original post with the preset: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/various-presets-tricks.135770/post-1620271
I do see the 3 LFO controllers attached to delay levels 1,2,3 - I just don't see how/where those are created - I'm probably looking right at it somewhere and just don't see it (there's no modifier option available for MTD delay levels)

I do see the 3 LFO controllers attached to delay levels 1,2,3 - I just don't see how/where those are created - I'm probably looking right at it somewhere and just don't see it (there's not modifier option available for MTD delay levels)
I used FracPad, which can assign a modifier to any parameter (on the Axe-FX II, not III). Once assigned they can be edited from AE or front panel Control: Modifiers menu.

I used FracPad, which can assign a modifier to any parameter (on the Axe-FX II, not III). Once assigned they can be edited from AE or front panel Control: Modifiers menu.

Ah - that explains it - so I guess this method won't work on Axe3 now that the modifiers loophole has been closed.

I couldn't find the original block, but I remade it. Attached here. Make sure to set both LFOs in your controllers to 1Hz and Random.
To our ears, this is a more natural doubling effect than what could be achieved with the enhancer or delay blocks. It's being used in two well known artist units at this point (whenever tours come back, that is.......)
thank you for taking the time to recreate this block and post it online for free. i hope things are well with you and yours

I couldn't find the original block, but I remade it. Attached here. Make sure to set both LFOs in your controllers to 1Hz and Random.
To our ears, this is a more natural doubling effect than what could be achieved with the enhancer or delay blocks. It's being used in two well known artist units at this point (whenever tours come back, that is.......)

Huge thanks for taking the time to do this Cooper, only thing is I cant get it to work on my III.

I downloaded it and it opened as an AX8 file initially so I ran it through Fractool and saved it into my pitch blocks on my mac, but despite refreshing the block doesn't show in AxeEdit at all

Double checked everything, Fractool, AxeEdit and the III are all on the latest firmware

Any ideas anyone?

I just dragged the block from my desktop into AE’s grid and this works fine. Adjust the LFOs as explained earlier in the thread.

I just dragged the block from my desktop into AE’s grid and this works fine. Adjust the LFOs as explained earlier in the thread.
I tried that, got a message from Fractool saying it'd been transferred but nothing was showing on the grid

It only opens on AxeFX III v12.12 or later
The III is on 12.13, I checked AxeEdit and Fractool were on the latest version and got nothing

I will give it another try

There’s no need to use FracTool for this. Download the block and drag it into AE.

I tried that originally and it kept launching AX8-Edit, so went down the Fractool route

Just tried it all again, downloaded the block again and it worked fine.
Seems that my Mac likes to embarrass me

Thank you for this, I am a little confused though. I am trying using it in a two amp signal chain, amps panned hard right and left. Just to be clear, is it meant for a stereo two amp chain? I set the controllers to the specified LFO and waveform settings from your post and I hear the pitch change modulation, but I do not see any delay time changes happening. What am I missing?

Thank you for this, I am a little confused though. I am trying using it in a two amp signal chain, amps panned hard right and left. Just to be clear, is it meant for a stereo two amp chain? I set the controllers to the specified LFO and waveform settings from your post and I hear the pitch change modulation, but I do not see any delay time changes happening. What am I missing?

It doesn't matter if you're using one or two amps.
Delay time is not modifiable in the editor at this time.

It doesn't matter if you're using one or two amps.
Delay time is not modifiable in the editor at this time.

Understood, I saw the delays were not modifiable, it was surprising because usually the modifiable parameters are well chosen. So thought I might be missing some trick with the controllers...

Thanks for posting the doubling presets, but when I downloaded them I get an Axe edit icon over the file and when I try to drag and drop it into the grid I get this:
C2FA7FDE-84E8-4120-A1BB-AE4E820F6F0F.jpeg
Forgot to mention that I have the latest firmware and AE version

Thanks for posting the doubling presets, but when I downloaded them I get an Axe edit icon over the file and when I try to drag and drop it into the grid I get this

It's an Axe-FX II preset, not a block file. You could try converting with FracTool. Since it has two amp blocks you'd need to move the doubler setup after the amp on the FM3.

I'll add 2-amp (pre) and 1-amp (post) doubler presets with the quieter switching method to the other thread in the next 1-2 days.

Back
Top Bottom