TC MIMIQ?

I'm officially in love with this pedal after finally using it in the way in which it really shines - Stereo. Created dual amp/cab preset and hard-panned everything. wow. Now i'm wishing i had the Axe III so i could just do dual amp/cabs on all my presets. I found anything short of using this in a stereo configuration left me unimpressed. boxy, metallic sounding. Stereo...voila! huge soundscape. On cleans it just sounds gorgeous. That Queen sound or playing Sultans of Swing just brought a huge smile on my face. This is definitely more than just some simple delay/haas effect. I think this pedal is offering some special sauce to the game. Mind you, its digital and based in algorithm so I'm sure its matter of time before Fractal duplicates this

I'm officially in love with this pedal after finally using it in the way in which it really shines - Stereo. Created dual amp/cab preset and hard-panned everything. wow. Now i'm wishing i had the Axe III so i could just do dual amp/cabs on all my presets. I found anything short of using this in a stereo configuration left me unimpressed. boxy, metallic sounding. Stereo...voila! huge soundscape. On cleans it just sounds gorgeous. That Queen sound or playing Sultans of Swing just brought a huge smile on my face. This is definitely more than just some simple delay/haas effect. I think this pedal is offering some special sauce to the game. Mind you, its digital and based in algorithm so I'm sure its matter of time before Fractal duplicates this
I am not sure using it in mono even makes sense for this type of pedal. It widens the sound by delaying and modulating one side of the signal while leaving the other unaffected. If you collapse both signals to mono, it seems you are just defeating the purpose.

I couldn't find the original block, but I remade it. Attached here. Make sure to set both LFOs in your controllers to 1Hz and Random.
To our ears, this is a more natural doubling effect than what could be achieved with the enhancer or delay blocks. It's being used in two well known artist units at this point (whenever tours come back, that is.......)

Attachments

• MIMIQ Mimic_20200709_123937.blk
    1.8 KB · Views: 170
I couldn't find the original block, but I remade it. Attached here. Make sure to set both LFOs in your controllers to 1Hz and Random.
To our ears, this is a more natural doubling effect than what could be achieved with the enhancer or delay blocks. It's being used in two well known artist units at this point (whenever tours come back, that is.......)

Thanks Cooper!!

Specifically what "block" is it ( Enhancer ) ?

Is there a recommended placement for this block? End of the chain or prior to the amps?
Thanks for sharing it!!!

Wow, !!!
Awesome thanks Cooper !
Not at my FM3 at the moment......will this work on the FM3 ?

And where do we check for this please ?
“Make sure to set both LFOs in your controllers to 1Hz and Random“

thanks !

Last edited:
Wow, !!!
Awesome thanks Cooper !
Not at my FM3 at the moment......will this work on the FM3 ?

And where do we check for this please ?
“Make sure to set both LFOs in your controllers to 1Hz and Random“

thanks !

I was just about to ask the same question. I don’t know what he means by LFO’s in controllers lol. Regardless thanks for recreating the block and posting it.

Hi,
when I Drag drop this into FM3 Edit.....I am getting a Device ID block error.
Is this because this block is AXFX3 specific ?
thanks

I guess we need someone with an AX3 AND an FM3, to duplicate the block in FM3 ....and export The Block ;)
Will that do the trick ?

I guess we need someone with an AX3 AND an FM3, to duplicate the block in FM3 ....and export The Block ;)
Will that do the trick ?

Hmmmm. I'd be happy to replicate what Cooper has done with this block on the FM3. But you'll have to give me a day or two as I can't get to it right now. Maybe tomorrow...

Back
Top Bottom