TC MIMIQ?

It's an Axe-FX II preset, not a block file. You could try converting with FracTool. Since it has two amp blocks you'd need to move the doubler setup after the amp on the FM3.

I'll add 2-amp (pre) and 1-amp (post) doubler presets with the quieter switching method to the other thread in the next 1-2 days.

Ahh, I see. Thanks for the clarification and suggestions!

It's an Axe-FX II preset, not a block file. You could try converting with FracTool. Since it has two amp blocks you'd need to move the doubler setup after the amp on the FM3.

Unfortunately, it didn't convert very well from AxeFX II to AxeFX III when I tried it with Fractool. I'm familiar with the principle behind it though, so I'll try to find some time to make an AxeFX III version.

I couldn't find the original block, but I remade it. Attached here. Make sure to set both LFOs in your controllers to 1Hz and Random.
To our ears, this is a more natural doubling effect than what could be achieved with the enhancer or delay blocks. It's being used in two well known artist units at this point (whenever tours come back, that is.......)
I finally got this loaded today - LOVE IT, thank you so much.
Now, need to wish for 4 pitch blocks...

I was watching the Doug Doppler/John Petrucci live podcast with Cooper Carter, Uncle Ben, Doug West, Sterling Ball and some other guys. During a discussion about JP's rig John talked about the TC MIMIQ pedal and what a great tool it is.

He uses it split out to two seperate Boogie amps, that both run back the the AXE III for FX via the loops. I am wondering about using it in front of the AXE into a dual amp rig. I think it would probably get wired into two separate inputs 1+2.

Does anyone use it, and if so, do you use it this way? Is there anything in the AXE that replicates this the same way, or is this pedal really that much better at creating that doubled guitar effect? I have tried (unsuccessfully) to create a double tracked guitar sound live, and I thinking about giving this pedal a shot.

Hi, may I have the link of the podcast you are talking about... i tried to find it on you tube both on Coopers and Dougs channel but couldn't find it.

Back
Top Bottom