TC Electronics Mimiq and Mission Engineering Gemini 2

BTW, just a thought, but I would think it would be great to have a mimiq-like effect when using the pitch block to do a harmony part with say two voices. That way you have two voices but also the audio effect of two guitars, each playing one of the voices. Does the pitch block already try to do this? Would a mimiq effect help create more separation between the voices?

that's certainly an idea. I feel like I have unleashed a bit of a monster here (although, to be fair, the debate was already in full swing in the other thread that our friend mentioned). As you might expect, some of the posts in the other thread are incredibly detailed (and obviously posted by people who really know the Axe inside & out). Whereas my point was a really simple one. I don't want to tie up processing power and inputs on the Axe (as I am already pretty stretched in relation to both) and so inserting the Mimiq into the presets themselves doesn't really appeal. I was just musing a very simple proposition - the Gemini 2 is a stereo powered speaker so, if I feed the stereo out from the Axe through the Mimiq (which is also stereo) and into the stereo inputs of the Gemini, surely this will replicate the 'double tracking' effect and, if we consider what 'double tracking' actually is, it was a recording technique used 'after' the guitar rig, not in front of it. Another way of expressing the point is that, rather than thinking of 'the amp' as the Axe in this instance, think of 'the amp' as being the dual power amps of the Gemini. In this way, the Mimiq is generating a delay between those two amps in the same way as others would use it between a couple of Marshalls, etc.

that's certainly an idea. I feel like I have unleashed a bit of a monster here (although, to be fair, the debate was already in full swing in the other thread that our friend mentioned). As you might expect, some of the posts in the other thread are incredibly detailed (and obviously posted by people who really know the Axe inside & out). Whereas my point was a really simple one. I don't want to tie up processing power and inputs on the Axe (as I am already pretty stretched in relation to both) and so inserting the Mimiq into the presets themselves doesn't really appeal. I was just musing a very simple proposition - the Gemini 2 is a stereo powered speaker so, if I feed the stereo out from the Axe through the Mimiq (which is also stereo) and into the stereo inputs of the Gemini, surely this will replicate the 'double tracking' effect and, if we consider what 'double tracking' actually is, it was a recording technique used 'after' the guitar rig, not in front of it. Another way of expressing the point is that, rather than thinking of 'the amp' as the Axe in this instance, think of 'the amp' as being the dual power amps of the Gemini. In this way, the Mimiq is generating a delay between those two amps in the same way as others would use it between a couple of Marshalls, etc.
Sounds like your looking for assurances and green light. All I can add at this point is to try it and hear if u like it (if not - send it back). You have lots of relevant info from the posts here to inform you going forward.

Last edited:
not looking for assurances mate. If you read the original post, I was asking if anyone had experience of using these units together which is a valid question. On that basis, 'try it and hear if you like it (if not - send it back)' is positively inspired. Wow, I would NEVER have thought of that.....

Back
Top Bottom