tc electronic 1210 worth buying or can the axe get close?

It ironically started mine. I came to realize a certain fuzz sound etc, I wanted was due to a transistor getting voltage starved or having a certain hfe et al, and I couldn’t find parameters to account for those things, but realized that I could socked a transistor and try some different ones til I got the tone I was after, often a sound so bad it’s good lol

Will say the Axe replaced 95% of my typical pedals though

Yes I am recovering from my first complete fail on a flanger I was building. At the same time I picked up the FX II. Double whammy on my builders drive. Now though, I'm getting interested in putting a few of my builds into the mix for fun and experimentation. I also have a PCB for an in-guitar EQ I might build and try in a guitar for fun. I need to breath some solder fumes again.. hehe..

I've replaced 1210s for several top Fractal Artists. Maybe you are hearing something they weren't.
I'd be happy to create presets for you, but you'd need to send me the unit.

EDIT: Looking back on my blocks from one of the sessions I alluded to above (the Lifeson rig) we did the chorus and expander pieces, but never migrated the Flanger. I don't remember why but it must have been time. I am confident I could nail this too however. The Axe-Fx III Flanger is leagues farther on than was that in the II back in 2012!

What would I use to match the intensity knob that is on the real thing? And do I use the "analog chours", or the ""80s" style?

For some reason I cannot pull the WayHuge Swollen Pickle Fuzz off my board! I just hear something in that sucker that I hear in them early jimi tones I'm obsessed with lol. Have not tried to replicate it in my AxeFx yet but I really need to.

There's so many moving parts it's not easy to duplicate pedals. I tried to duplicate the 1210 got kinda close and then got lost in space....o_O

Quick attempt at TC1210. I haven't ever used one and am not really familiar. Only listened to a demo but thought it was a cool effect. This uses 1 chorus, 2 4x chorus, two panners and two delays. If nothing else it is a fun swirly preset.

There are 4 scenes.

Made on FXII Mk 2 with Quantum 10.01

www.shattuckelectronics.com/pics/TC1210.syx

Last edited:
Still have my TC1210 and my 22290....even though admittedly I haven’t used them much recently but they are some great sounding units! Add my Lexicon stuff to that list too. Gotta throw some of this stuff in the mix for sure!

Still have my TC1210 and my 22290....even though admittedly I haven’t used them much recently but they are some great sounding units! Add my Lexicon stuff to that list too. Gotta throw some of this stuff in the mix for sure!
Would you be interested in selling your 1210?

That is a great patch my friend.not really a 1210 emulation(at least not in the way that i usually set my 1210) but very inspiring and cool chorus patch.one of the best i've heard
Quick attempt at TC1210. I haven't ever used one and am not really familiar. Only listened to a demo but thought it was a cool effect. This uses 1 chorus, 2 4x chorus, two panners and two delays. If nothing else it is a fun swirly preset.

There are 4 scenes.

Made on FXII Mk 2 with Quantum 10.01

www.shattuckelectronics.com/pics/TC1210.syx

Back
Top Bottom