TC 1210 Challenge

That looks like he is only using one channel of the 1210. I only the signal levels on channel1 in the video. I don't see the lfos pulsing (green /red). In Fact they both look like they are bypassed (no lfo lights). My LFO leds go from greed to green when it is not bypassed. At first glance it sounds like it is being used as an enhancer. But it doesn't sound that way. When I try those setting on my TC1210 it doesn't sound like that. Unless his LFO lights are busted. If I take mine off bypass, it sounds closer to that but not like that. Just odd that the video looks like both channels are bypassed and signal is only going to one channel (and weak at that).

Looking at his other videos, he is a Fractal user (for a long time), he might be able to tell you what he did there. I'm guessing the video recording doesn't match the actual setting used on the recording.

That looks like he is only using one channel of the 1210. I only the signal levels on channel1 in the video. I don't see the lfos pulsing (green /red). In Fact they both look like they are bypassed (no lfo lights). My LFO leds go from greed to green when it is not bypassed. At first glance it sounds like it is being used as an enhancer. But it doesn't sound that way. When I try those setting on my TC1210 it doesn't sound like that. Unless his LFO lights are busted. If I take mine off bypass, it sounds closer to that but not like that. Just odd that the video looks like both channels are bypassed and signal is only going to one channel (and weak at that).
So do you think it’s possible what we are hearing is another unit combined with the 1210? I have emailed him but have not heard back yet.

There is a distinct "flangey" touch to the sound in the video indeed, it's also quite a noticeable stereo separation going on.

So do you think it’s possible what we are hearing is another unit combined with the 1210? I have emailed him but have not heard back yet.
Not that you can't get that sound out of the 1210, but what is showing on the video doesn't seem to jive with that clean sound and the lead sound has delay on it (IIRC). I think there is more than just the tc1210 going on. I know you don't get that type of sound with both channels bypassed :). Thay said, I love the tc1210, it just sounds good and is easy to find great sounds on it and it pairs with the 2290 so well.

Not that you can't get that sound out of the 1210, but what is showing on the video doesn't seem to jive with that clean sound and the lead sound has delay on it (IIRC). I think there is more than just the tc1210 going on. I know you don't get that type of sound with both channels bypassed :). Thay said, I love the tc1210, it just sounds good and is easy to find great sounds on it and it pairs with the 2290 so well.
Maybe it’s possible to get it using the flanger block?

Does anyone know how to achieve this clean tone since the Fractal does not have a dedicated TC 1210 model?

Here you go.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/lexicon-pcm70-pan-circular-delays-tc1210-chorus.164461/

The 1210 type in the Axe is by me and is based on the plugin version. It has far greater range of depth, that's why it's sea sick and doesn't sound right. I've sent the updated and final version to Cliff a while back, but it never got updated in the Axe for some reason (same with the PCM70 delays).

The block from the thread above is very much in line with the actual unit. I actually used some clips from the the guy who posted the video to compare and verify, and it's dialled to those same settings (since his settings are the exact same Lukather used on his unit up until around 1996).

Since he is only using engine 1 on the TC1210, turn the level of delay 2 and 4 in the MTD block to 0 % and adjust the mix to taste. As the TC1210 is in chorus mode, there is no feedback etc. The G-Force is in the clip is also not in the signal chain, so what you're hearing is just a single stereo chorus from the TC1210.

Here you go.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/lexicon-pcm70-pan-circular-delays-tc1210-chorus.164461/

The 1210 type in the Axe is by me and is based on the plugin version. It has far greater range of depth, that's why it's sea sick and doesn't sound right. I've sent the updated and final version to Cliff a while back, but it never got updated in the Axe for some reason (same with the PCM70 delays).

The block from the thread above is very much in line with the actual unit. I actually used some clips from the the guy who posted the video to compare and verify, and it's dialled to those same settings (since his settings are the exact same Lukather used on his unit up until around 1996).

Since he is only using engine 1 on the TC1210, turn the level of delay 2 and 4 in the MTD block to 0 % and adjust the mix to taste. As the TC1210 is in chorus mode, there is no feedback etc. The G-Force is in the clip is also not in the signal chain, so what you're hearing is just a single stereo chorus from the TC1210.
Why do you think the plugin sounds different than the rack unit? I have the plugin and it sounds good, but you’re right that it doesn’t sound the same.

Why do you think the plugin sounds different than the rack unit? I have the plugin and it sounds good, but you’re right that it doesn’t sound the same.
The depth control (the width knob) has a greater range than the actual unit. So to get it to sound like the unit with width set to 5, you might have to set it to 3.5 on the plugin. Once you get that dialled in, the difference is subtle between the unit and plugin IMHO.

Here you go.

The depth control (the width knob) has a greater range than the actual unit. So to get it to sound like the unit with width set to 5, you might have to set it to 3.5 on the plugin. Once you get that dialled in, the difference is subtle between the unit and plugin IMHO.
Any idea why the LFO lights are not pulsing in the clip?

Haha, I know why what it is with the lfo lights. He bypassed it when he kicked the looper on. Duhhhh.
I got it my tc1210 to sound fairly close by only enabling channel1 and run a dry phase reversed signal in parallel. That gave it that flangy whoosh sound and more movement in the stereo field.

Haha, I know why what it is with the lfo lights. He bypassed it when he kicked the looper on. Duhhhh.
I got it my tc1210 to sound fairly close by only enabling channel1 and run a dry phase reversed signal in parallel. That gave it that flangy whoosh sound and more movement in the stereo field.
no that idea doesn't pan out. You can see him playing later in the video with the clean tone and still both channels appear to be bypassed. Maybe his lfo light is burnt out.

no that idea doesn't pan out. You can see him playing later in the video with the clean tone and still both channels appear to be bypassed. Maybe his lfo light is burnt out.
His LFO ligths are working in this video. Granted, it's 2 years newer so he might have fixed them. I seem to remember this guy having to spend a lot of money on fixing old rack gear from reading old forum posts of his.

TC1210 starts at 0:35 s.

Back
Top Bottom