TB Audio Interface for Project Studio

Diego

Fractal Fanatic
Hi guys, I'm on the market for a new audio interface for my project studio.
It's time to replace my beloved Focusrite Saffire 56 SL with something that has a TB connection (since I built a brand new PC with a TB port ;)).
For now the choice is between:
  • Universal Audio Apollo X6
  • RME Fireface UFX
  • RME Fireface UFX+
  • Focusrite RED4 Pre
I don't want to have to use Win10 (I think Win7 Pro is more reliable) but many of these units require it... :disrelieved:
Thanks for any tip or advice

Hey Diego!
I , like a good number of folk here, are big fans of the UAD Apollo stuff, adn the latest X gen are much improved over the previous....and the plugins are world-class. ( i have the X8)
dont know about the Win 7 (mac user here)
I do know that Cliff has in the past (unofficially) endorsed the RME stuff, but I have no experienice.

Well - the choice is also ... onboard DSP or not ... and especially stabel drivers at low latency.

I would go for RME - cause they seem to be able to put out stable hardware and drivers - and even their oldest cards are still supported.

I like to keep things "in-the-box" and not be locked to one particular platform for plugins. I used to use RME but I eventually went with a Presonus Quantum. It is also a really stable piece of hardware and Presonus seems to support it rather well. I am also using Presonus Studio One for DAW - so it's integration there also matters. But Presonus don't have the same history of excellence as RME. So for other DAW's RME would always be my first choice.

If you want DSP then both UAD and Antelope makes some interesting gear.

Thanks Brad and Sustainplayer for the reply.
The X6 could be a great piece of gear with the addiction of UAD plugins and I heard a lot of good opinion about RME drivers (solid and stable). I would put also MOTU in the table but lately there are a lot of friends, who we were MOTU fan, that are not so happy with latest units (828x and 828es)...
Thanks again guys

Back
Top Bottom