Taylor T5z, so far, headaches abound

Stratman68

Axe-Master
So, I bought it used from Sam Ash in San Antonio, Texas. Thru Reverb. First noticed trble pot, which is suppose to be active, did nothing. Was told by Taylor to replace the preamp\pot piece.
They sent me a new one. Had it installed and it made NO CHANGE at all. Treble pot is USELESS, even as just a regular treble pot. Has ZERO effect on tone.

So, OK, I could live with that and adjust accordingly in my FM3.

Now, the input jack, which, due to Taylors "lets save $$$ mentality" is one of those that is long and threaded-like the type that get inserted in the end pin hole in most acoustics to install or accommodate a piezo of sorts. I imagine they use the same on in their acoustic\electric line-up.

As we guitars players know, after a while a regular input jack may start to make popping noises due to connect\disconnect-you know, the metal flange that we can easily bend to make the contact secure.
Well not on this thing, it's inside.
Anyone know where this part can be purchased? I have searched far and wide on the web. No luck. Now I have no idea if it is different than the end pin doo-hickies, it looks the same except it has 3 wires plus a ground sleeve.

Thanks

Similar to this, but as noted, has 3 wires, red, black & white and a sleeve ground.

1613862193490.png

I've never seen an input jack like this with four contacts. If you should own a circuit indicator, please check if there are two contacts of the jack conneted - internally or through the pickup system. If yes, get an in put jack with three contacts and solder it accordingly.

I've never seen an input jack like this with four contacts. If you should own a circuit indicator, please check if there are two contacts of the jack conneted - internally or through the pickup system. If yes, get an in put jack with three contacts and solder it accordingly.
These guitars have both a piezo and a normal pickup, right? Could be the reasons for the extra wires.

Back
Top Bottom