Taylor T5z Patch

56panhead

Anybody have a good patch for a T5z (acoustic sound)? I just can’t seem to dial it in. I’ve tried it with tone match, a very clean amp/cab layout, no amp/cab, and various GEQ settings. None of them sound right. All I want is a nice clean acoustic guitar sound.

I’ve searched thru the Patch forum, and there are some patches, but none for the Axe Fx III.

Any help would be aprreciated.

Anybody have a good patch for a T5z (acoustic sound)? I just can’t seem to dial it in. I’ve tried it with tone match, a very clean amp/cab layout, no amp/cab, and various GEQ settings. None of them sound right. All I want is a nice clean acoustic guitar sound.

I’ve searched thru the Patch forum, and there are some patches, but none for the Axe Fx III.

Any help would be aprreciated.
I owned a T5 for several years. I bought it with the intent to be able to use it for both acoustic tones and electric tones. I kept upgrading other parts of my signal chain, chasing after more authentic tones. Finally I got an Axe FX (Ultra) and even with the best tone machine on the market, couldn’t get the sounds that were in my head. I tried the ToneMatch block, tube preamp block, different “acoustic body” IRs, but it was never good enough.

Finally, I sold it and bought a thinline Telecaster, added a piezo bridge with a separate “acoustic” output, and have been smiling ever since at both my electric tones and my acoustic tones.

If you find what you’re looking for, more power to ya! Let us know if you have success.

Thanks Andrew. I’ve been seriously looking at the new Fender Tele Acoustasonic, but there aren’t any available in my area for me to check it out - that and the fact that they‘re pricey - I’m really hoping I can make the T5z work with the FX III.

I owned a T5 for several years. I bought it with the intent to be able to use it for both acoustic tones and electric tones. I kept upgrading other parts of my signal chain, chasing after more authentic tones. Finally I got an Axe FX (Ultra) and even with the best tone machine on the market, couldn’t get the sounds that were in my head. I tried the ToneMatch block, tube preamp block, different “acoustic body” IRs, but it was never good enough.

Finally, I sold it and bought a thinline Telecaster, added a piezo bridge with a separate “acoustic” output, and have been smiling ever since at both my electric tones and my acoustic tones.

If you find what you’re looking for, more power to ya! Let us know if you have success.
I have a great Taylor T5 preset on my AXE III.
I spent a great deal of time, and it’s just beautiful. It’s setup for an ambient finger style sound but also works well with strumming. An expression pedal controls the amount of long decay plexverb, while the other reverb sits mellow underneath. It’s a pretty complex signal path to both capture brilliant clarity and warmth simultaneously. Here’s a picture of the preset. I don’t know if you can import it to the ultra or not. It doesn’t sound washy, even though by eye, it may look that way. The 2 undertone reverbs are set quite far back, one of which receives a DI signal. The plexverb on the expression pedal is what brings in the ambience, and on slow or long notes is just beautiful in every way. The 2 chorus’s are dialed way back, and just add chime. I made this preset way back in firmware 9? Or so. I noticed one issue, and that’s the 2 filters have reset to flat. I’ll be able to correct that though. Let me know if I can help you achieve it. I’ve been wanting to post it for a long time, but wanted it flawless first.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 57
I have a great Taylor T5 preset on my AXE III.
I spent a great deal of time, and it’s just beautiful. It’s setup for an ambient finger style sound but also works well with strumming. An expression pedal controls the amount of long decay plexverb, while the other reverb sits mellow underneath. It’s a pretty complex signal path to both capture brilliant clarity and warmth simultaneously. Here’s a picture of the preset. I don’t know if you can import it to the ultra or not. It doesn’t sound washy, even though by eye, it may look that way. The 2 undertone reverbs are set quite far back, one of which receives a DI signal. The plexverb on the expression pedal is what brings in the ambience, and on slow or long notes is just beautiful in every way. The 2 chorus’s are dialed way back, and just add chime. I made this preset way back in firmware 9? Or so. I noticed one issue, and that’s the 2 filters have reset to flat. I’ll be able to correct that though. Let me know if I can help you achieve it. I’ve been wanting to post it for a long time, but wanted it flawless first.
Yeah, don’t get me wrong; it’s a nice, unique instrument with its own contemporary voice. I just kept wanting it to sound like an acoustic guitar and/or a thinline Tele!

Yeah, don’t get me wrong; it’s a nice, unique instrument with its own contemporary voice. I just kept wanting it to sound like an acoustic guitar and/or a thinline Tele!
Yes, it’s very unique, like an ovation on steroids. I don’t have much problem making it sound like an acoustic, it just takes the right settings and control on playing dynamics. It’s very sensitive and I find that strumming with a thumb or wood pick gets it in the standard acoustic territory. I prefer letting the natural character shine through however. It can definately sound like a tele, and I can’t imagine that being an issue. That being said, it’s not a Tele, or a micd big body acoustic. It is a monster however, with killer action. I’d love to have a concert series Taylor as well, but I will never ever sell my T5. I used to play the T5 through my Roland AC-90, and that sounded very good but..... This Axe FX is becoming an unstoppable and inspirational beast !
The raw basics of the preset are parallel DI & a CA3+ Clean

one of these days, I’ll stop playing and tweaking, and start uploading to YouTube. I’m just so inspired and in a long song writing and arrangement frenzy atm.

Last edited:
Yes, it’s very unique, like an ovation on steroids. I don’t have much problem making it sound like an acoustic, it just takes the right settings and control on playing dynamics. It’s very sensitive and I find that strumming with a thumb or wood pick gets it in the standard acoustic territory. I prefer letting the natural character shine through however. It can definately sound like a tele, and I can’t imagine that being an issue. That being said, it’s not a Tele, or a micd big body acoustic. It is a monster however, with killer action. I’d love to have a concert series Taylor as well, but I will never ever sell my T5. I used to play the T5 through my Roland AC-90, and that sounded very good but..... This Axe FX is becoming an unstoppable and inspirational beast !
The raw basics of the preset are parallel DI & a CA3+ Clean

one of these days, I’ll stop playing and tweaking, and start uploading to YouTube. I’m just so inspired and in a long song writing and arrangement frenzy atm.
Edited: CA3+ ! Axe edit was telling me all my presets were 59 bassguy, until I updated it

Back
Top Bottom