Taylor Hawkins dead at 50.

The investigators there are saying it appears to be drug related following interviews with those who were around him in the hours before, though they caution (as we should all observe) to let the truth be found without assumptions or accusations. It’s a tragedy, whatever the cause, and anything other than compassion for his family, friends, and fans is out of place at this time.

RIP, and condolences to all who are suffering in the aftermath.
Thank you, Rick. I am trying to show compassion to others as well, but it's difficult when people try to hijack the emotions of someone's death and turn it into a campaign to prove their point of view.
Taylor Hawkins was an amazing drummer, a fun guy to be around, and created art that I will remember as long as I live.
I hope we can just talk about that here. RIP Taylor.

This is incredibly sad, tragic, unfair! :( Taylor was a great drummer. A great inspiration to me.

As a teenager, I loved "There Is Nothing Left to Lose" when it was new. The first album with Taylor. In retrospect, I also loved listening to "The Colour and the Shape".

Last edited:
Man what a tragedy. So young and talented. and the brotherhood/friendship with him and Grohl is so evident anytime you see them together. Here's Taylor recently doing a perfect job on Queen's Somebody to Love

Shocked and saddened, I'm supposed to see them for the 1st time at Boston Calling, Memorial Day weekend. Cheated by the cruelty that is life.
Whatever the reason that caused this tragedy, we should mourn him 1st. Keep the conspiracy crap out of what is our public forum to share our sense of loss.

Last edited:
Facepalm all you want. I literally buried my best friend and musical partner of 32 years yesterday because of this. The left side of his face swole up real bad last week, lost hearing in his left ear, extreme pain in his eyes, and fainting. He stroked out three days later, 43 years old no underlying health conditions, just had blood clots in his head out of "nowhere". The VAERS site is FULL of these events, and I'm afraid it's going to get much worse.

From an article...

Hawkins had complained of chest pains to hotel staff, according to reports.

Sadly that will be the unspoken footnote to any untimely death in the near future :confused:

second that
The investigators there are saying it appears to be drug related following interviews with those who were around him in the hours before, though they caution (as we should all observe) to let the truth be found without assumptions or accusations. It’s a tragedy, whatever the cause, and anything other than compassion for his family, friends, and fans is out of place at this time.

RIP, and condolences to all who are suffering in the aftermath.
Agreed. Just have to wait for the official COD. I did see an interview with Taylor where he spoke of his drug addiction. Something interesting in the interview was that he didnt confirm nor deny being clean. He said something along the lines of having his ways to cope and deal. Being his death is so unexpected, it's certainly not a stretch to think drugs may have been a cause. Either way, we all have our demons and its a shame. RIP and condolences to his family and bandmates.

This is horrible.

We did a few FF songs back when we were the house band at a local bar in my hometown.

Though I'm more into heavier genre's, his drumming did play a role in my musical growth as I'm sure it did for millions of us.

My condolences to anyone in the Fractal community that may have known Taylor personally.

Such a devastating loss.

Back
Top Bottom