Taylor Hawkins dead at 50.

Got word this afternoon that they have cancelled the rest of the tour. Can't say I'm surprised or blame them one bit.

I knew he had a wife and kids, but didn't realize the ages. Those kids need their dad.
Agreed. “Every junkies like a setting sun” just repeats over and over in my head when I think about this man. All it takes is one night of miscalculation or a little too much of this and that mixed together and it’s all over. It’s tragic. And it’s human. I’ve been close myself so I get it. We all have flaws and his took his life. I feel so bad for his wife and children. Dad never came home will be the story of their lives.

Agreed. “Every junkies like a setting sun” just repeats over and over in my head when I think about this man. All it takes is one night of miscalculation or a little too much of this and that mixed together and it’s all over. It’s tragic. And it’s human. I’ve been close myself so I get it. We all have flaws and his took his life. I feel so bad for his wife and children. Dad never came home will be the story of their lives.

Man, it sucks and is a tragedy, but we don't know every detail and all that took place. I sure
hope his children and family have a better story to tell about Taylor than the ending you are
assuming for them. I have every hope and confidence they will in time. It was their Dad!

I've lost family and friends to tragic and unexpected outcomes, as I am sure many of us have. I
seriously don't remember the worst about them. I remember the best of what we shared with
the time we were blessed with. And if there is one regret it is that we didn't have more time to
share together, not how and why they exited.

Man, it sucks and is a tragedy, but we don't know every detail and all that took place. I sure
hope his children and family have a better story to tell about Taylor than the ending you are
assuming for them. I have every hope and confidence they will in time. It was their Dad!

I've lost family and friends to tragic and unexpected outcomes, as I am sure many of us have. I
seriously don't remember the worst about them. I remember the best of what we shared with
the time we were blessed with. And if there is one regret it is that we didn't have more time to
share together, not how and why they exited.

I have to edit this down. I get emotional about this stuff because it strikes home hard. Look, what I've said isn't an assumption. And I'm sure that you have missed the point completely. That's not how a child feels when they are confronted with the death of a parent. They don't say to themselves that they feel so blessed to have had the time they did with that parent. It runs way deeper than that with a child, and more so with an overdose death because they are completely avoidable, they come out of nowhere, the self-blame the child feels that maybe they had somehow contributed to the reasons, and the list goes on and on. It's especially brutal on kids man. The how and why are the questions they will deal with for a long time. It leaves an everlasting scar. I've been on both sides of that coin and I don't care to go into any more detail than that on an open forum.

Last edited:
Here we go again: 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️

The area I live and grew up in, has pharmacies and doctors that have set national records for prescribing and selling opiates, many times through the years (about a 50 mile radius). My daughter is 30 years old now and more from her generation are gone than from mine. Opiates are harder for people to get now but the lifestyle they helped to create is still here, and the ones still alive have moved on to alternate (addictive) substances.
Every person and family here have been affected in some way, many extremely. Addiction treatment centers are everywhere, which scratches an itch, and is a lesser evil but me and a few others watching from the sidelines have never seen anyone escape, at least not for long, they always go back.

I have to edit this down. I get emotional about this stuff because it strikes home hard. Look, what I've said isn't an assumption. And I'm sure that you have missed the point completely. That's not how a child feels when they are confronted with the death of a parent. They don't say to themselves that they feel so blessed to have had the time they did with that parent. It runs way deeper than that with a child, and more so with an overdose death because they are completely avoidable, they come out of nowhere, the self-blame the child feels that maybe they had somehow contributed to the reasons, and the list goes on and on. It's especially brutal on kids man. The how and why are the questions they will deal with for a long time. It leaves an everlasting scar. I've been on both sides of that coin and I don't care to go into any more detail than that on an open forum.

And you are assuming I don't know directly either, aren't you? Pretty boldly, too, it seems.

I merely pointed out other possible futures for them.

I am not hear to debate HOW someone makes meaning out of such a tragedy. I am just saying there is
a possibility that is NOT going to go down exactly like you have already determined it will be for those
people/children/loved ones left behind in the wake of Taylor's passing. It's not scripted to be an eternally
dark future with no light. It will definitely be dark.... and likely pretty intensely so.... but that doesn't have
to be the sole and lasting outcome.

I am not just saying this just for myself either. I am saying this also as a reflection of those who have been
left in the wake of someone's unexpected death and passing. There is not one way to write future chapters.
So much depends on the support system around us, and how healthy it is or is not. I am guessing with the
love and support they have from so many close to them that there will be a lot of light related to their Father,
and to their future as his children.

My heart goes out to anyone who has ever had to wrestle with such a tragedy.

Last edited:
foos-bg-desktop.jpg

Highlights for me included Wolfie Van Halen playing two Van Halen tunes on guitar just about note-for-note. His pop would have been proud. Alex & Geddy playing Rush tunes with Dave Grohl on drums. And Foo Fighters playing some of their best known tunes with various drummers including Travis Barker and Taylor's son Shane. Overall it was a fun show to watch.

Highlights for me included Wolfie Van Halen playing two Van Halen tunes on guitar just about note-for-note. His pop would have been proud. Alex & Geddy playing Rush tunes with Dave Grohl on drums. And Foo Fighters playing some of their best known tunes with various drummers including Travis Barker and Taylor's son Shane. Overall it was a fun show to watch.
Yeah, I didn't think Wolf had it in him. Hats off, he did pull it off, with a semi-hollow to boot.

Was watching that on YouTube when it suddenly stopped, said there's been an error, that video is private. Went to try again and it's gone. Individual people put up individual songs, probably illegally so they'll get taken down, but the whole 6 hour thing isn't there any more.

Guess the rights holder (Paramount?) shut it down.

They'll be streaming the show live in LA in 3 weeks I believe. I assume we'll have to sign up for the Paramount
streaming app to view the Wembley show going forward.

Back
Top Bottom