Taylor 616ce & 618ce Tone Matches - More added :)

I have a Brian Moore and a JP15 and these work well for me also. The patch
sounds the best to my ears on the Brian Moore. It has a fuller sound thru it as compared to the
JP which has a brighter sound. Thanks so much for your work and sharing these!!!!

I have a Brian Moore and a JP15 and these work well for me also. The patch
sounds the best to my ears on the Brian Moore. It has a fuller sound thru it as compared to the
JP which has a brighter sound. Thanks so much for your work and sharing these!!!!
Cool! Glad they work for you too.
I have the bass turned up a bit on my JP6's piezo EQ, so the TM's might sound brighter if you have your JP piezo EQ set flat.
Thank you for chiming in :)
Per

I need to comment on how well these work with my classical guitar direct. It's a true concert guitar with a Barbera Soloist pickup system. I have IRs of the Fishman Aura, and your IRs actually sound better.

Do you have access to a nice classical guitar? I would love to hear what you could do.

Thank you so much for all that you contribute to the forum.

I need to comment on how well these work with my classical guitar direct. It's a true concert guitar with a Barbera Soloist pickup system. I have IRs of the Fishman Aura, and your IRs actually sound better.

Do you have access to a nice classical guitar? I would love to hear what you could do.

Thank you so much for all that you contribute to the forum.

Outstanding, Jeremy! That they work even for a classical guitar is an awesome surprise :)
I recently bought a Yamaha NCX700 as a christmas gift to myself. I doubt it would qualify as a nice classical guitar for the purists,
but it's quite good IMHO.
I might try to experiment with some TM's once I have played it in a little more and changed the strings.
Thank you for your feedback!
Per

Sorry for stupid question. Preset vs block vs cab? Tm blocks usually are cabs baked in? Please explain how I best use your kind donations.
In my 514ce TM thread, people asked for both block and cab in addition to the preset, that's why I provided them this time.
For Axe-Fx II users I guess it's more of a convenience request, but the AX8 don't have the TM block so a cab-version is needed for them.
The Axe-fx II can export Tone Match data into a user cab location.

And thank you for doing the IR. It is a bummer that we can't have TM in the AX8.

It would be wonderful to take an excellent classical guitar recording and tone match that.

And yes, please let me know if you shoot IRs of your classical.

Here are two more Tone Matches I thought I'd share with you. Same procedure as the other ones.
(Fairly HQ wavs from an online mic shootout, local source was my EB/MM JP6 piezo's)
Taylor and Huss & Dalton acoustic guitars captured with a Coles 4038 mic.
Unknown to me what models the guitars were.

Enjoy and please comment!
Per

Presets and cabs:

Attachments

• PER Taylor - Coles 4038.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 126
  • PER Huss&Dalton - Coles 4038.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 118
  • PER TM Taylor - Coles 4038.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 115
  • PER TM H&D - Coles 4038.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Playing through my Guild F50 with L.R. Baggs Lyric mic pickup, there is an improvement of the sound running direct. I'm certain that the improvement would be much more noticeable with a good piezo system, and I'm looking forward to trying that.

Thank you.

I have Graphtech Ghost piezo saddles and their Acoustiphonic preamp in a PRS CE24, and I finally got a chance to check out the new TM's of the Coles mic. They sound really good, but I prefer the 616 and 618 TM's. Those still blow me away every time I play through them.

These IRs are really great work - thanks SO much !!!

I made a live preset for my AX8 by
- converting the AX II Preset "PerChr Taylor 618ce TM" to AX8 usong FracTool
- added a CAB block and imported the 616 and 618 CAB files (after converting with FracTool)
(CAB Y uses some older "Tylor 314ce Earthworks QTC30 IRs for adding a variation option)
- added my favourite "nice" Chorus presets to X & Y
- Added a larger Reverb (South Church) to Rev Y

Scenes:
S1: just Rev (X)
S2: add Chorus
S3: 'more' Chorus (Y) and Rev (Y)
S4: just Rev (X) with alternate IRs (CAB Y)

It's still kinda draft but I thought I share it as a "Shortcut" for other AX8 fellas ;-)

Todo:
Add a GEQ and/or PEQ to have some 'emergency tweaking options' (if when live, some frequencies are "booming" or "screaming" or feeding back) ... or even better, find an AMP that I could use for that purpose, which would have the advantage of having the hardware knobs (Bass Mid Treb etc.) ready to grab for such emergency/lastminute tweaking.

=> Does anyone have a suggestion for such AMP Model ?

Attachments

• PerChr Taylor 618ce TM (#arry AX8 v1 20180404).syx
    34 KB · Views: 63
These IRs are really great work - thanks SO much !!!

I made a live preset for my AX8 by
- converting the AX II Preset "PerChr Taylor 618ce TM" to AX8 usong FracTool
- added a CAB block and imported the 616 and 618 CAB files (after converting with FracTool)
(CAB Y uses some older "Tylor 314ce Earthworks QTC30 IRs for adding a variation option)
- added my favourite "nice" Chorus presets to X & Y
- Added a larger Reverb (South Church) to Rev Y

Scenes:
S1: just Rev (X)
S2: add Chorus
S3: 'more' Chorus (Y) and Rev (Y)
S4: just Rev (X) with alternate IRs (CAB Y)

It's still kinda draft but I thought I share it as a "Shortcut" for other AX8 fellas ;-)

Todo:
Add a GEQ and/or PEQ to have some 'emergency tweaking options' (if when live, some frequencies are "booming" or "screaming" or feeding back) ... or even better, find an AMP that I could use for that purpose, which would have the advantage of having the hardware knobs (Bass Mid Treb etc.) ready to grab for such emergency/lastminute tweaking.

=> Does anyone have a suggestion for such AMP Model ?

Is it possible for you just to share the cab block for this preset? I've tried to add it to my library but it won't save. Thanks, Perry.

just to share the cab block for this preset?
Attached, but not sure if/how that will help you (as it doesn't include the IR's)

The file I previously posted is a "Preset-Cab Bundle" file and should include "everything" (?)
Try loading it using the AxEdit Preset > Import option - and see these posts:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/issue-on-preset-cab-bundle.134364/#post-1587977
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...preset-cab-bundle-folder.134718/#post-1591782

Hope that helps ;-)

Attachments

• PerChr Taylor 618ce (Cab AX8)_20180405_220233.blk
    347 bytes · Views: 40
Last edited:
Attached, but not sure if/how that will help you (as it doesn't include the IR's)

The file I previously posted is a "Preset-Cab Bundle" file and should include "everything" (?)
Try loading it using the AxEdit Preset > Import option - and see these posts:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/issue-on-preset-cab-bundle.134364/#post-1587977
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...preset-cab-bundle-folder.134718/#post-1591782

Hope that helps ;-)
Thanks, I forgot how to do that.

Back
Top Bottom